Good Guys List

Thanks for the kind words guys and "back-atcha".

ALL my dealings with various members on this board have been great-thankfully.

Though (famous last words), it's unlikely I'll be doing any more private buying or selling. Am happy with what I have right now and it costs me more $$$
in terms of time spent to sell than most the items I have are worth.

Chris

Hey, Purge -

Thanks for the kind words. I would also recommend Purge as a buyer. His check arrived as promised and he posted great feedback about me (can't beat that kind of advertising!!). The gear I sold was in need of a user, so I hope it gets used well.

As far as using the packing for acoustic treatment goes, though, I think it would be a lot of effort to string up those thousands of packing peanuts!!

Cheers,
Darryl.....

here's another one I reccomend

just picked up a CAD E200 from giles117

It arrived quickly and as promised. Thanks!

Dang Birch...

so your the one who scooped up the E200.
I was just a little too late.

Oh well........

Well I did get an M179 from That_Abbot and it got here VERY fast and VERY well packed and in like-new condition.
Also had the added bonus of the blank warantee card.

-mike

yeah,

sorry formery...

but it looks like it turned out good in the end anyway. We both have some good CADS added to our mic lockers!

Thats true, Brich.

I actually have the E200 also .......was looking for a second one.

FYI ..... you can get NiCad batteries for the mic from Radio Shack and it can then run without phantom power.
They have a slightly higher output than the CAD factory batteries but work great.

Just make sure you turn the mic off when you're not using it or it will suck hte battery dry and you will have to replace it to operate the mic.

-mike

Thats true, Brich.

I actually have the E200 also .......was looking for a second one (at that price).

FYI ..... you can get NiCad batteries for the mic from Radio Shack and it can then run without phantom power.
They have a slightly higher output than the CAD factory batteries but work great.

Just make sure you turn the mic off when you're not using it or it will suck hte battery dry and you will have to replace it to operate the mic.

-mike

Richard Monroe said:
Well, after a week of no response to emails, I am pretty much forced to come to the conclusion that Tim Pate, AKA Sonarman, is a scum-sucking scammer who has relieved me of a pair of perfectly good mics for a trashed, tampered with paperweight that once was a B.L.U.E. mic. That's $500 I really couldn't afford to lose. Be so advised.-Richie

This needs to be seen...I hate crooks :mad:

good guy list

Hi,
well I hope this works out for me but I feel im getting the run around from Giles117. Hes not living up to any of the promises hes making so im not very impressed and I feel like something should be said as he might still be negotiating sales on here.

If this does work out I will of course post and apologise but when people dont live up to there promises or communicate properly they should expect this.

well, heres hoping it works out.
A

Warhead ( Warren at Front End Audio)
Went over and above the call convincing me to try a safe sound P1, money back guarantee, etc... Got it two days later. It Rox
If you haven't heard one of these you owe it to yourself, at $500 it is a steal!

Well I just plumb can't remember the names of the folks I've done deals with, but they were all good, so if I did deals with you, speak up!

I haven't had cash in so long that I think it's been more than a year since I bought anything!

W.

snake

Hi, Just an update.
Got an email saying he tried to send but they told him that they could not send to po box in canada so I called USPS who actually have no problem sending parcels to po boxs in Canada.

Gave him an alternate address and no answer since although hes been on this forum.

Im wondering why no one has said anything, good or bad , on this thread. I see other threads about things like this with lots of feedback.
Whats with that?

Id really like to get this sorted but im not exactly being overwhelmed with support or ideas or feedback on this one.

Thx

Well seeing as this is public I guess I should respond to this publicly

1st. Lets keep the facts straight.

I erred in attempting to get an online postage quote when quoting you a revised price based on international shipment.
That was my error as i have not done international shipping since I worked in a corporate office 8 years ago, and then we used Fed-Ex.

When I went to the PO the day you paid for your item I realized shipping would run me $10.00 more than I anticipated. well I am in business. I Pay paypal fees and other fees, too many fees, I dont make any money. so I chose to ship an alternate cheaper method for me, however you stated that this would caus e aproblem for you. We negotiated and you offered to spilt the differnec in the additional shipping cost. I Agreed. 3 days later I find that you did paypal me the diff, even though you indicated you would mail it. Sorry I dont hawk my paypal acct unless i am knowingly expecting funds or buying an item.

So when I found the additional shipping payment I proceed to the Post office.

Now here is your error and possibly the error of the person you spoke with at USPS. and I will quote from their website and you can verify this yourself.

I was told no shipping express mail to PO Boxes.

and here is the quote:

3. Express Mail shipments must have a street address. Post office box addresses should not be used. A local telephone number for addressee should be provided if possible.
Areas Served: All

http://ircalc.usps.gov/Express_Mail/Canada.htm

This backed the claim the girl at the counter gave me. So I emailed you Friday requesting a street address.

Unfortunately... This was my next error, I failed to inform you that I actually am a REAL sound engineer who travels mixing concerts as well as being a Studio guy at the House.

I went out of town last weekend for a few shows.

My hotel had free internet access so I used it to my advantage. I Don't however check my email on the road as I don't have a laptop and was using the Hotels computer. So I might miss a few things. Especially with them wanting to charge me .50 cents per minute over 20 minutes of computer use.

Well I have returned from my travels and I see me getting blasted publically. Guess what. Paypal has my correct Phone Number. Did you try calling me 1st?

Anyway, Your pkg will get shipped in the morning when I have had a chance to go to the bank. Sorry for this inconvenience. I am not a known international shipper and sometimes stuff falls through the cracks.

Many apologies for my errors in this matter. this was not an intentional thing.

But I was expecting you to respond to the need for a new address last week before I left town, not this week ... 3 days after I emailed you telling you they would not ship to a PO box.

Thanks and Peace.

ch2os7 one of the nicest guys I've ever dealt with. Very fair and fast shipping, great products arrive on time and as described.

Thanks bro,
Rafe

Would just like to return the good word on Sklathill, I bought my first nice piece of studio equipment from him, a MOTU 2408 MKII in excellent condition.

I just finished a trade deal with Birch2929 which was my Boss Metal Zone for his Electro-Harmonix Big Muff. There was great communication from him. He shipped fast and as agreed upon AND the item was as described and works great.

I like the sound of a used Muff :eek:

Peace,
Brad

Also, Giles, I don't think you have to 'hawk' a Paypal account considering that they notify you via e-mail when you receive funds. At least that's how it has worked for me but that could be in my Paypal settings or something

::shurg::

Peace,
Brad

Back