Gear At Auctions

someone else

Don't know about anyone else, but I have found a great source for finding deals on gear. I am now scanning the govt. surplus type ads in my local paper. The reason,?? last year, I found an ad for surplus sound equipment to be auctioned off in a sealed bid format. I was curious, so went to see the gear in the ad. Thinking that it wouldn't be anything that I would be interested in, I was very surprized to find: (count the mics with me,)26 Shure condenser mics, 26 atlas table-top stands, arack mounted amp, and 4 8-channel rack mounted mixers. As I wasthe only bidder, I aquired the above equip. at an unbelievable $260 good ole'american bucks! So, the moral is, look in your local paper every once in awhile,and scan the 'official' looking surplus equipmentads, usually found at the beginning of the classified section. You may be surprized at what you find!!!!!!

If you go to the department of defenses website, I forgot the url its been awhile, they have a running list of
sound equipment being auctioned off. Its a difficult site to navigate but you can find the stuff and bidding instructrions etc.

Back