FS: Yamaha i88x - $250

malice930

I have a barely used Yamaha i88x and power supply for sale. Selling for $250 + 35 for Shipping. Everything still works. Slight Scratches from being Rack Mounted.

If interested email me at kenninsimmons@gmx.com

Thanks

any input on this unit from anyone as to the quality of the converters/drivers/general performance?

interested for sure...

Adam

01X/i88X/mLan head forum

Go here if you want to for more about the i88X.
http://www.01xray.com/forums/index.php?Cat=7

The mic pre's are highly touted for a unit at this price range.
I only have an 01X so i can't speak form experience...though I am quite happy with the sound i am getting with the 01X when recording with condensor (ADK Hamburg edition or Octava 012's) mics, the i88X's head amp's are of superior build and are the same as the ones used in the bigger (and trey expensive) Yammie boards.
The problem is that the 01X and i88X drivers are not supported on the new 32 bit OS updates (like Vista).

Thanks for helping out. To me this interface sound wise hangs with the new stuff that out. But I'm the seller so you have to do your research. The only issue is the drivers. No windows 7 support. Does not work well with mac as far as I understand. I used it flawlessly on a windows xp laptop and desktop since 04-05 when I bought it new. I haven't recorded with it in the past two years. I've used it for adat outs to an ada8000 for addictive drums at church (I was playing drums on an electric kit). I haven't been doing any audio projects lately.

Check www.01xray.com and www.mlancentral.com for info.

I shouldn't be hyping this unit because i want to buy it from you ! haha
But I must add that it does work fine with MAC!
As you will find if you look at the 01Xray forum topics...the main guy who can help you with problems: "Elmer Fudd" uses an 01X and 2 i88x's on a MAC for a total of 40 Analog inputs that are all controlled by the software mixer on the Mac instead of using each unit to do the LEVEL/EQ/EFX.
I have used Yamaha mLan (a firewire networking protocol that has been abandoned by Yamaha) system on my 01X mainly with Cubase/Nuendo 2.2 but I am just about to install LIVE 8 and start working with that...but most people had been using Logic and recommended that as the most fully complimentary DAW for mLan.
Nowadays that is old news as a lot of the Complaints people had about mLan/Cubase have been solved by the graphic patchbay for Mac and better drivers that are not so new anymore. As we agree the only possible problem is that Yamaha has no intention of updating the drivers for (34/64 bit OS) Vista or Snow Leopard although some PPL are surviving the update and working with mLan on Snow Leopard. However you definitely lose the Yamaha Plug ins that come with 01X (pitch fix, Vocal Channel, Mastering)
and any other Steinberg plugins when you move up beyond OSX10.5.8

Last edited:
Back