FS: Vintage 1978-79 TEAC A-2300SR reel to reel tape machine, EXCELLENT!

fazeka

This unit was my uncle's (no pets/kids, never smoked, air-conditioned apartment) who had an airline pilot buddy bring back from Japan 35 years ago for him. Needless to say he took great care of his gear, he even had a little cozy for it that unfortunately got lost along the way. Just take a look at the wood side panels in case you're not convinced what great shape this machine is in.

He used it for a little while when it was new (I remember because I would visit him back then as a kid) but by late 1982 picked up one of the first CD players (also obtained by his airline pilot buddy) and never looked back.

The chronology of the TEAC 2300 was: A-2300 -> A-2300SX and then finally A-2300SR. I understand the SR is somewhat rare, relative to the first two.

From the manual dated May 1978:

"The TEAC A-3300/A-2300 series tape decks have earned an enviable reputation for quality since their first introduction years ago. Over the years various design improvements have been incorporated in the basic model to keep these decks abreast of advances in tape technology and to fulfill the needs of our growing range of knowledgeable customers.

The A-3300S/A-2300S and A-3300SX/A-2300SX followed, building on the tested and proven reliability of the original models and offering ever increasing versatility and user satisfaction. Now TEAC introduces the new A-3300SR/A-2300SR which have the added capability of reverse playback together with several sophisticated circuit improvements to keep these new models at state-of-the-art reliability.

The basic design of the A-3300SR/A-2300SR is highly similar to that of the A-3300SX/A-2300SX..."

Completely functioning. The pinch wheel is in GREAT shape: no hardness nor stickiness. *Very very* minor slight corrosion on some of the tape path parts but does not affect performance nor play. Please take a listen to the clip below of a Chet Atkins tape I played on it to ensure proper performance, function and GREAT sound. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner and/or a very fine jeweler's rouge, I'm sure these pieces could be brought back to perfection if you prefer.

I found a manual online that will be included with the sale of the machine.

* SOLD! *

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• 56105873.jpg
    56105873.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back