FS: Tascam 38 8-Track R2R with M308 Mixing Console

Guys, I want to offer this here and see if anyone is interested. I've recently been going through an unexpected divorce and while I don't need to sell anything, I may have to downsize if I don't keep my current house and know I just won't have the time to tinker with it anymore so...

I'm considering selling my Tascam 38 reel-to-reel deck and M308 mixer.

The M308 is in very good shape cosmetically, has had some minor repairs done recently to fix an output issue on 2 of the bus channels. Right now as I can tell from every function i've tried it works perfectly.

The 38 is a different story. I would say it's about 95% right. And it's been gone-through and fixed over the years I've owned it. I have recently been tinkering with it to get it 100% and start finally using it, but with my current situation i just don't see that happening in the near enough future. As it stands, most of the channels are working. I think 2 of them have some sticking relays that need to be replaced. I never got that far. The heads are in good shape. I can provide closeups of anything needed if there is any interest. Being that these are heavy I can't ship them, and I'm in CT so this would have to be a semi-local sale.

Thinking $600 for the pair but please shoot me offers if interested. I'd like to keep these together as a pair as they kinda go together :)

Back