FS: Shure SM5b, Shure SM7, Sansamp PSA, DBX 160a, ATM-25, Dave Thomas V77, ATM450

mrbowes

Lots of amazing gear here for sale. Prices INCLUDE USPS Priority shipping to the lower 48.

Shure SM5b - Rare mic. Looks to have been slightly refurbished. New nut on the side. Original foam looks good but I would recommend getting replacement foam as it's pretty old. There is a piece of electrical tape on the body (inside the foam, pic included) of the mic apparently securing it. Sounds REALLY good (love it on kick drum, bass amp, guitar amp). I have two of these. AWESOME mics.
$500 - sold

Shure SM7 (original non-B version) - Good condition and sounds great but for some reason the base of the mic where it attaches to the mic stand is a little loose, it secures but even when tightened can swivel. Most likely a fix for this but in my times using it on the high hats it never gave me a problem. I do have the original foam for it somewhere but it's in bad condition and I would not recommend using it
$325 - sold

Audio Technica ATM-25 - ok condition with some minor paint chips - sounds great - no functional issues.
$110 - sold

Dave Thomas MXL V77
- This one is special. The V77 stock is a great mic and no longer in production. Dave Thomas overhauled this mic by changing the capsule to a Peluso 47 style capsule and also upgrading some of the caps. In the process he also upgraded the power supply so it's now a multi-pattern LDC (cardiod, omni, fig-8). The switch for patterns is on the power supply (you can see it in the pic). Sounds amazing. Very versatile. Great condition.
$380 (capsule ALONE was $200).

Audio Technica ATM-450 pair - MINT - comes in original boxes with all paperwork, mic bag, mic clip, etc. Very nice mics.
$290 - sold

DBX 160a (two available) - I have two of these available. One American, One Chinese. Otherwise they are pretty much identical. They sound the same.
$240 on the US made. - sold
$230 on the Chinese made. - sold

Gaines Audio MP-2
- Rare item. Stereo mic pre. Broadcasting mic pre. Plenty of gain (easily capable of driving Shure SM5 or SM7). Sounds great. Transformer (Reichenbach ..sp) balanced outputs. Do a search on gearslutz and you'll see some internal pics. These are very well made units. VERY heavy for its size. It has some rack rash and the rack ears are in rough shape but it still holds securely in rack. Phantom power / pad / phase
$225

Sansamp PSA-1 (the original).
This is the original version with no power button. Sounds great. AWESOME for mangling sounds. Works well for guitars or bass, but I often found it useful to use to dirty up vocal tracks as well. Comes with manual
$275 - sold

Re-an patch bay - missing last set of connectors. Otherwise in good condition.
$30

Feel free to make me offers, but please be reasonable and no low-balls.

Items located in Charlotte NC and also available for international shipment via USPS Priority International.

Paypal preferred.

Attachments

• Sm5b.jpg
    Sm5b.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Sm5b_2.jpg
    Sm5b_2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 239
  • rackunits.jpg
    rackunits.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 243
  • atm25.jpg
    atm25.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Pictures added

Attachments

• v77.jpg
    v77.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 244
  • ATM450.jpg
    ATM450.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 238
  • patchbay.jpg
    patchbay.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 236
Shure SM5 and ATM25 sold.

Going to eBay with the rest of these in a few days so let me know if you're interested.

Hey josh I'm interested in the V77.
Didn't I purchase one from you e few months ago?
Where do you come up with all these classics?

:cool:

Henry,

Yes, you did buy a V77 from me a few months back. Back then I had the stock one and then this modified V77. I hope you are enjoying it.

I love buying old, weird, cool mics. It's just a hobby of mine so my collection is constantly changing (for better or worse ; )

There's several mics I regret selling. I'm sure I'll regret selling the SM5 (but I do have another ; ), and the V77 with this mod is very rare (it took Dave 7 months to do it!).

I'm trying to purchase a new or semi-new AEA R84 ribbon mic if anyone wants to trade. Thanks,

Josh

Henry,

Yes, you did buy a V77 from me a few months back. Back then I had the stock one and then this modified V77. I hope you are enjoying it.

I love buying old, weird, cool mics. It's just a hobby of mine so my collection is constantly changing (for better or worse ; )

There's several mics I regret selling. I'm sure I'll regret selling the SM5 (but I do have another ; ), and the V77 with this mod is very rare (it took Dave 7 months to do it!).

I'm trying to purchase a new or semi-new AEA R84 ribbon mic if anyone wants to trade. Thanks,

Josh

Well when the boss gets home I'll ask her how it looks. I'm sure that I'll follow up tomorrow and you'll be sending this one as well.
The stock 77 is great. And had used it on several different projects on different sources and it hasn't let me down.
Thanks again Josh :D

:cool:

Sansamp PSA sold.

I'll take $225 for the Gaines MP-2 and $30 on the patchbay.

Edit: Also mis-entered info on the Dave Thomas V77 - the capsule is a Peluso u47 style capstule, NOT c12.

Would LOVE to trade for an AEA R84.

What tube do you have in the V77? Might you be interested in a trade for another modded mic? Let me know either way.
Tom

Tom,

I'll take a look at the tube later tonight. I'm 90% certain it's the stock tube.

Only trade right now would be for an AEA R84 mic (obviously the V77 + cash). I'm trying to down-size but have been dying to try one of the AEA R84s.

Thanks,

Josh

Back