FS: Motor Mix control surface

reshp1

$325 shipped (CONUS) or best offer.

For sale is a flawless MotorMix1 control surface. I've used this control surface with Protools 6.1 through 6.9 with no issues. Everything works perfectly and the faders are relatively smooth and quiet, much more so than the Behri BCF2000. The two row LCD scribble strip shows a surprisingly large amount of information including track name, pan, send, plugin parameters, etc and really allows you to take your eyes completely off the monitor (or leave the waveform/edit window up all the time).

The only problem is when Protools version 7 came out, digidesign changed the way some of the MIDI control surface things worked. Now when I move a fader for rough mixes the fader tends to jump a little when the motor re-engages. If you are writing automation this is not a problem, only moving faders in rough mixes with no automation breakpoints written. Digidesign is aware of the problem and added it to their bug log so they say "hopefully, it will get resolved on a future release." I have downgraded to 6.9 for the moment and the Motormix still works flawlessly on that.

Anyway, during all this, I've re-evaluated my control surface needs and I'm going to get something with a little more upscale, so it's time to say goodbye to this great little tool. So if you don't use PT7, or have faith in digi to solve the problem (like I said, they've recieved may complaints and have repro'ed the problem in house and added it to the bug log) here's your chance to get a great control surface.

PM me if interested. THANKS!
(I'm on the good guys list several times)

Back