FS or FT: Fostex MR-8 8 Track Digital Recorder (Upgraded 1GB CF card)

amra

The MR-8 is a great little portable 8 track digital recorder. It has 2 mic preamps, built in. I got it for use recording live performances, jam sessions, and other "on location" type events, but I have since upgraded to a full blown PC recording interface for remote recording.

These sold for $299 new last year with the 128mb card - I am asking $175 with the upgraded card, or best offer.

This one is in great cosmetice shape, and works great. It has an upgraded compact flash card PLUS, the original 128mb card.

I will consider trading for any combination of guitar effects, mics, recording snakes, patchbays, delta cards, or rackmount gear of comparitive value.

I am on the good guys list, and have references here on the board that I have bought from and sold to.

Here is more product info:

Product Description
Fostex has broken the digital recorder price barrier with their new MR8. It's the world first 8-track that records into solid-state, Compact Flash Card memory — and there's more! It's got a USB port for WAV file data transfer to a Windows PC for data editing, CD burning, and backup. And operating the MR8 is more intuitive than many other digital recorders — it's ideal for users who have no experience in digital multi-track recording.

Most of the functions appear on the top panel physically instead of page surfing on LCD. Need to make a change? You don't have to page through menus, just grab a knob! The LCD and self-illuminating keys show you the current status visually. The MR8 also provides built-in digital reverb and delay, 2 inputs (one XLR and one 1/4 in.), uncompressed 16-bit/44.1kHz recording quality, 2-track simultaneous recording (full 8-track playback), mastering effects, an optical S/PDIF output, and a built-in mic so you never lose those melodies that pop into your head in the middle of the night. The MR8 may be powered by 6 AA batteries or the included AC adapter. Now high-quality digital recording is more affordable than ever!

Features
8 tracks recording and playback

128MB Compact Flash included!

The world first 8-track recording into solid-state memory (Compact Flash Card)

Records to CompactFlash (CF)

Simple & Easy Interface

No menus to navigate

Knob/Button for each function

On-Board Effects

Reverbs

Delays

Guitar FX

Amp Simulator

Mic Simulator

Mastering

USB Port

.WAV import/export

Archiving

CD Burning

2 XLR Mic Inputs

2 Guitar Inputs

S/PDIF Digital Output

Built-In Microphone for quick recording of ideas or events

Portable - Battery Operated

2 Headphone Jacks

The MR8's main applications include: songwriters, traveling musicians, beginning recording enthusiasts, and project studios. With just over 2 hours of battery time (6 AA), the MR8 offers an affordable portable field recorder solution where timecode is not needed.
Technical Info
Recording Medium: Compact Flash Card

Recording Format: VFAT (FAT16)

Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz/22.05 kHz

Quantization: 16-bit linear

A/D Converter: 16-bit Delta-Sigma

D/A Converter: 16-bit Delta-Sigma

Number of Recording Track: 8 tracks (maximum 2 tracks simultaneous recording)

Recording/Reproduction Frequency: 20 Hz š 20 kHz (Normal Mode)

Analog In (2ch) Connector: XLR-3-31 type and f 6mm TRS phone

Input Level: -40dBV (MIC) - +10dBV (LINE)

Input Impedance: 1.5k ohm or more (XLR)

Stereo Out (L, R) Connector: f 6mm stereo phone

Load Impedance: More than 16 ohm

Output Level: 20mW or more (at 32 ohm)

MIDI Out: Connector DIN 5 pin

Foot Switch: Connector: f 6mm phone Level TTL level

USB Connector: B type (data save/load controlled from PC)

S/P DIF Connector: Optical

Format: IEC 60958 (S/PDIF) 44.1kHz only (Normal Mode)

Dimensions (H x D x W): 65 x 215 x 283 mm

Weight: Approximately 1.9 kg (1.6 kg, without AC adapter)

Power Supply: AC Adaptor AD12A (supplied accessory) or 6 x AA alkaline battery

Back