FS: Aphex Compellor ultra-transparent stereo compressor

Bob Ross

Your god hates me
For Sale: Aphex Compellor (Model 300) stereo compressor/leveler. Industry standard for invisible compression: "delivers intelligent compressor action, leveling and peak limiting simultaneously...Patented control circuits include analog computers that continuously analyze the input signal and vary the control characteristics to provide for virtually undetectable operation, regardless of the dynamics of the program" yada-yada-yada

- Intelligent Automated Gain Control (AGC) for consistent program levels
- "Invisible" compression characteristics assure tighter dynamics and virtually transparent performance
- Instantaneous peak limiting for effective system protection (user defeatable)
- Adaptive control circuits make for fast, simple set-up and no readjustment for varying program dynamics
- Won't kill your children

Very good condition. Includes original owner's manual. $200US

I'm really tempted. Is that shipped to thee Midwest/paypalled?

Shipping is not included in that price, it would be additional. And, I think I can take PayPal...gotta confirm that, standby.

how old is it?

The Model 300 was the original Compellor, so it could be as old as 1985. Not sure when Aphex changed to the model 320 (the current Compellor), maybe 1990-ish? So this one is at least 20 years old.

Free bump.
That's a steal. This is a broadcast quality unit for the price of a pro-sumer piece of rack gear.
I have one I got from NBC. They used them for leveling out audio before broadcast. I love mine.

I keep forgetting that I still have this thing!

Final price drop: $125 includes Ground shipping to the lower 48 states (!)
PayPal accepted.

Don't make me have to put it up on eBay!

Back