Free 12AX7, 12AT7 tubes!

mshilarious

Banned
I've got too many tubes laying around here, so claim yours for free. Please don't claim one if you don't feel that people should get good deals trading on this board. Max 2 tubes per person. All tested good.

As follows:

2 no-name, brand new Chinese 12AX7A
1 Ei Yugoslavia ECC83
2 vintage GE 12AT7
1 vintage Tung-Sol 12AX7 (most of label worn off)
1 vintage Lafayette 12AX7 (Japan)
1 vintage RCA 12AX7

mshilarious said:
I've got too many tubes laying around here, so claim yours for free. Please don't claim one if you don't feel that people should get good deals trading on this board. Max 2 tubes per person. All tested good.

As follows:

2 no-name, brand new Chinese 12AX7A
1 Ei Yugoslavia ECC83
2 vintage GE 12AT7
1 vintage RCA 12AX7

I'd love to try those vintage GE 12AT7's in a couple of my mics...that's my "claim 2" limit...let me know if you need shipping fees...Thanks! Dennis

Grey Angel said:
Can you put a tube in a solid state amp?

Sorry if this is a stupid question :\

Not unless you do an Extreme RAGE! Mod :D

Hey, how about a 6GM8 pedal? When I finish that, you can have it :)

hey there good karma!

1 vintage RCA 12AX7

I would take any one of those off your hands if that was okay, two would be nice. I have a shitty bellari 105 tube preamp that I really wanted to mod and this would help me out a TON.

apl said:
Are you gonna do a 12AX7 pedal?

Am I going to build one? No, it's practically identical to the tube stage I put in the RAGE! If you want to build one, yeah I already posted the schematic. I thought the PCB would be easy since I had already done mine, but the addition of the buffer circuits required a total redesign. I will try to post it soon.

Just for you, apl, if you wanna build it I'll send you a tube, the socket, one 100uF 350V cap (you'll need to buy one more), and most of the small parts :)

mshilarious said:
Am I going to build one? No, it's practically identical to the tube stage I put in the RAGE! If you want to build one, yeah I already posted the schematic. I thought the PCB would be easy since I had already done mine, but the addition of the buffer circuits required a total redesign. I will try to post it soon.

Just for you, apl, if you wanna build it I'll send you a tube, the socket, one 100uF 350V cap (you'll need to buy one more), and most of the small parts :)

Well, fart, you're putting me on the spot early in the morning.

So I could take part of your rage-a-ma-jig and put one together? How much voltage does it need?

apl said:
Well, fart, you're putting me on the spot early in the morning.

So I could take part of your rage-a-ma-jig and put one together? How much voltage does it need?

120VAC. If you want to build something that will work off a pedal board, you'd want the 6GM8 pedal, which should also work with a 12AX7 in extreme starved-plate mode.

Here's the thread:

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=184927

Also note I fixed the high-end loss problem on the RAGE! (the problem was never part of the tube circuit used in the pedal), and I'm posting new clips featuring the modded So-Cal later today! :cool:

OK, tubes gone as follows:

Zetajazz: RCA
kidvybes: 12AT7s
apl: Tung-Sol and maybe some other bits
hungovermorning: Lafayette

PM me with your address if you haven't already.

That leaves the Ei and the Chinese tubes.

Are there are any chinese 12AX7's left? If so can you PM me about the shipping, Im in the UK, so it quite possibly wont be worth it... :(

Wanting to swap out the piece of crap tube in my Behri preamp.... :rolleyes:

frederic said:
I'd be happy to acquire the chinese 12AX7's. How much are you charging for shipping?

Nothing! Free is free! I owe you for electronic lessons anyway.

Although if anybody out there has a small plastic chicken-shaped kitchen utensil that could be used as a guitar knob, I wouldn't mind that in trade :)

Sorry, Kenny, I still have the Ei available though!

Will the EI fit in a behri preamp mshilarious? Dont know much about tubes, wanted to try swapping out the cheap behri brand in my pre :o If so, ill take it, nothing like experimenting :D

Back