FA: Lots of stuff, Digidesign, Speck EQ, Apogee, UA, PM1000

tubejay

I have a bunch of stuff on the bay, here:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtubejay

What's up there:

I've got a bunch of Digidesign stuff for sale, including a Digi002 factory with sealed plugin bundle and new sealed ilok, a Digi001, a D24 card, and a DSPFarm (rev QE).

Universal Audio 2-610 dual tube mic pre and eq (amazing sounding)

Speck project 316, 16 channel eq, sounds fantastic and 16 channels!!

Apogee PSX-100 with UV22hr

Apogee Mini-me w/USB dual mic pre/converter

2 matched PM1000 channel strips

Presonus Digimax LT

FMR RNP and RNC in funk logic rack

AKG D112

Rode NT-2 w shock mount

Oktava MK-219

Presonus DigiTube

email me with questions. Thanks!

The NT-2 will sound a ton better. I think RE-20's are far too dull sounding to be used on anything but radio vocals. I'm not a big fan of RE-20's though, so I may not be the best guy to ask. I actually think the NT-2 sounds quite good on male vocals. It's a brighter sounding mic, so that tends to work well with male voices, and not as well with female voices, though it depends on the singer.

Hope that helps. Other people may have other opinions, feel free to chime in.

I'm not sure what you mean? You mean it might take a couple days to make payment, or you're just looking into whether or not you want it? Either way, let me know if I can do anything to help you figure it out, or you have a question. I have had more questions about that eq, and more people on the watch list for that eq than any other thing I've put on eBay. So I'd be shocked if it didn't sell.

Last edited:
Alright. I'm currently out of town but I have to check with the guy who is setting up my studio with me to see what his thoughts are and such. Thats what I meant about it may take a few days.

Gotcha. :)

I just extended the auction, so that should buy you a little time. I also lowered some prices.

Awesome Thank you. My studio partner is being horribly slow about returning calls. Although the time change is screwing with things.

tubejay said:
The NT-2 will sound a ton better. I think RE-20's are far too dull sounding to be used on anything but radio vocals. I'm not a big fan of RE-20's though, so I may not be the best guy to ask. I actually think the NT-2 sounds quite good on male vocals. It's a brighter sounding mic, so that tends to work well with male voices, and not as well with female voices, though it depends on the singer.

Hope that helps. Other people may have other opinions, feel free to chime in.

You mean dull like Kurt Cobain's vocals on "In Utero?" http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/mv/msg/9681/0/16/9495/

I'm not trying to be rude honestly, but the RE-20 is an indispensable top notch, serious contender vocal mic...especially for harsh rock & hip hop vocals, and has appeared on countless top billboard, grammy winning, and just plain great records, regardless of awards/sales. It's an amazing mic...sure it was made for broadcast, but it certainly doesn't stop there.

I own the RE-20, have heard the Røde. Ask around...most agree that a high end, quality dynamic is leagues better than a cheap condenser. Michael Jackson's vox on Thriller for example were also recorded on a Shure SM7...another "built for broadcast" mic.

I repeat I do mean this in the nicest way possible, just trying to shed some light, and my opinion of course, on the RE-20 as I do respect your opinion, and you did invite "chime-ins." I know Rush Limbaugh has a gold-plated RE-20 and everything, but don't let that ruin it for everyone!!! :D

rush3.gif
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the added input, I'm just speaking from my honest personal experience, which is why I asked others to chime in. Clearly there are people who like them. From my experience, I've had nothing but bad luck with them, and I've tried a few different RE20's over the years on vocals. Me, personally, I would much rather use an NT-2 over an RE20 on the average MALE vocal (not to disparage Mr. Jackson or anything). ;)

Anyway, thanks for the added input.

To each their own!

tubejay said:
Thanks for the added input, I'm just speaking from my honest personal experience, which is why I asked others to chime in. Clearly there are people who like them. From my experience, I've had nothing but bad luck with them, and I've tried a few different RE20's over the years on vocals. Me, personally, I would much rather use an NT-2 over an RE20 on the average MALE vocal (not to disparage Mr. Jackson or anything). ;)

Anyway, thanks for the added input.

To each their own!

That's it's exactly it..."to each their own." BTW, it was RE-20 on Kurt Cobain, and SM7 on Jacko just to be clear.

Yeah, I mean, there are so many things that go into a good track/take. Hell, even the barometric pressure(...I can't confirm that, but I can't see why not :rolleyes: ).

And for the record I do own and like a few cheaper chinese LDCs...I think you really have to sort through them, and see what works for who, and with what etc...and on that note, I am by no means a mic snob. In fact it's a personal mission of mine to never own a Neumann...they're grossly overpriced and simply paying for a "legend" and a name...sure, nice mic, but plenty of other options out there at a fraction of the price if you're resourceful :D

I'm a big fan of mods...I had Michael Joly at Oktavamod.com mod my true-Russian made Oktava MK319, and for a grand total of $350US, it's the sickest mic I own, for sure right up there with the C414 and U47FET...and I don't think I'll go any further than spending $500 on a mic...max, ever, and will still achieve stellar results. Take the Telefunken M16 debaucle for instance...the exact same mice as the Apex 460, and the Nady TCM-1150 which both sell for about $200. They rebranded it and tagged on about $1200. That's some serious B.S. At least they got nailed for it...there's a Canadian guy Dave something, who will mod those mics, and give you what a $1400 Telefunken M16 should sound like for 1/8th the price. Will it be uncovered some day that the current crop of Neumanns really are 797 audio mics? ahhh...JK! MXL V69me, awesome mic IMHO.

Anyways, kind of ranty, my B...cool exchange though.

I would like to further explore some of Røde's mics. They have quite a line, and I've heard but two. From what I've read, they do put out some good contender mics, and the QC is reportedly great.

For me though, the RE-20 is essential to my rather modest and thoughtfully-put-together mic locker.

Last edited:
Nope, it is sold. The only things I have left are the Digi002 w/factory plugs, the DSP Farm, and some PM1000 modules.

Back