Check MF Stupid Deal of the Day!

What will you do with the extra MF stupid deal stuff?

• Total voters

nukeitout

Stupid Deal of the Day

CAD CTM-1000 Condenser Buy 2 & Save

One retails for 99.99, so this is 25% of normal retail (not saying that's not a gimmick...)

1/2" gold sputtered condensers...

could be cool, it's this mic:
http://www.astaticinstalled.com/files/ctm-1000/ctm-1000.data.pdf

For everyone's info, the sale started approx. 3AM eastern time (9am at +1 here in germany).. Yesterday they had a gibson les paul studio baritone for 599, i was pissed that I missed out, so I decided to find out when they start their deals...

fraserhutch said:
Um, wouldn't that be 50% off of retail?

One costs 99.99 normally from MF.

This is 49.99 for two, or $25 each...

So that's 4 for the price of 1...

That's pretty close to 25% of normal price. Retail is like 140 or somethin (for one)

I will restate that the 'normal' price on MF could be inflated just as a selling point for the deal of the day, but these look like nice mics that are probably worth $25 a pop...

uh... your math is bad...
100.00 dollars -25% = 75.00dollars... any way you slice it, it comes up nuts.

I was doing some searching, and these mics have lower self noise (by 5dbA) than the shure SM81, and better specs all around than the AKG C 1000 S, and they're selling for $25 per mic. Anyone see anything I'm missing?

I didnt see them on CAD's website. Anyone have a link with more info.
I'm tempted (just what I need 2 more cheep mics :eek: )

Ok, now you have me confused :rolleyes: ......it looks to me that the 49.00 price if for ONLY one mic....correct?? not the pair>?>? Is that right??

Also does anyone have any experience with CAD Mics? Are they decent, or junk??

Peace

fraserhutch said:
Um, wouldn't that be 50% off of retail?
Nope...normally $100.....2 would run you $200, so 2 mics for $50 is 25% OF reatail, or 75% off.

Seems like a screaming deal, if you need some mics.

AGREED...I dont even need these things, but I bought 2 of them (so I assume that means 4 mics are on the way). I guess what sold me were the specs being as good as they discribe for being sh!t mics. I am sure I can find a place for them somewhere, sometime.

O'well...I'll keep two for the arsenal, and Ebay the other 2 later I guess. :D :D

Peace

Funny I did the same thing. Figure I can get most of my money back by selling the other set.

SOLD OUT!!

Have you noticed that we at this and a few other board have a tremendous amount of purchasing leverage? :cool:

Gonna have to keep checking these deals. I didn't even know the "stupid deal" thing existed until yesterday. That's what I get for being happy with what I have... my GAS is coming out of remission!! :D

Pete

battleminnow said:
SOLD OUT!!

Have you noticed that we at this and a few other board have a tremendous amount of purchasing leverage? :cool:

Gonna have to keep checking these deals. I didn't even know the "stupid deal" thing existed until yesterday. That's what I get for being happy with what I have... my GAS is coming out of remission!! :D

Pete

I have the advantage being in germany for MF... I get free shipping AND it's 9AM when they start the new deals here (and I'm always at a computer then) :)

I got two pair of these, too. I couldn't resist. I would have gotten more if it was a more mainstream mic, but they might be hard to resell since there's not much on the net about it...

I'm stoked to have 4 $100 mics for $100, though :).

Hey, if I use all 4 together, would that give me the sound of a $400 mic? ;)

Back