Auditronics console (16x4x2) for sale

ofajen

Daddy-O Daddy-O Baby
I'll try to skip the weird story and just start with the important stuff.

I have an Auditronics 110 console that I would like to sell. Mine is a 4-buss console with 16 mono channels and 2 stereo channels. No preamp or EQ on the stereo channels. Here's roughly what they look like....

110_1.jpg

This picture is not my console, but looks very much like it, just without the stereo channels to the right of the number 16 mono input channel.

The mono preamp/EQ modules are really cool, they have great preamps with Jensen transformers and high quality inductor-based EQ. Three band EQ, two fixed frequencies on each band, along with high cut and low cut and bypass. These are the older modules, a mix of types A, B and the earliest ones that don't have a letter designation. The early Auditronics stuff is pretty much up there in terms of sound and quality.

Bottom line, I don't want to invest the time to pull out the modules and rack them, and I don't really have a use for a console like this any more.

The unit is in a warehouse in Birmingham, Alabama. Don't even ask why... it's a long story.

I haven't actually been down there to see it... it was a friend of mine who identified the console as mine, but when he and the owner of the warehouse looked, they only found the console and the manual. The remaining challenge will be whether we can find the wiring harness and power supply, or whether they will have to be recreated. Not an issue if one wants to rack the modules, because you'd redo all that, but for use as a console, it would save time not to have to recreate all that stuff. I have someone who will be heading down there again from Nashville and can check to see if the wiring harness and power supply are still there and perhaps even bring the unit up to Nashville, if that would help.

Anyway, if you think you're interested in the console, let me know. It will take a little bit of work, but it will be darn well worth it. This would be a pretty cool console for tracking into a DAW and/or mixing out of the box and would work nicely with an analog machine up to 16 tracks, depending on how many busses you need. It should be in pretty good shape, but will need a little bit of work to get it entirely up and going, including wiring up all the harness to your patchbays or to TRS connectors if you use the modular type patchbays with jacks in back as well as front. As is, I figure the console is worth at least $1000, and I'm hoping to get about $700 out of the thing.

Cheers,

Otto

Hi Ofajen,

Bama grad and former Tuscaloosan here now dwelling on the West Coast. I am interested in your board. Did the pwr supply ever surface? Got a shot of the channel strip so I can see the EQ configs?? Is there a road case? Did it come out of recording studio or radio/tv station??

Thanks for your time.

mslim

Hi Ofajen,

Bama grad and former Tuscaloosan here now dwelling on the West Coast. I am interested in your board. Did the pwr supply ever surface? Got a shot of the channel strip so I can see the EQ configs?? Is there a road case? Did it come out of recording studio or radio/tv station??

Thanks for your time.

mslim

Haven't found the power supply yet, but I think my friend from Nashville will head down there in the near future. He's trying to sell some stuff so that he can afford to buy some of the other stuff there in this warehouse, and will check out the console further while he's down there. Hopefully, the PSU and wiring harness will surface, but they can be recreated if need be. The manual is there.

I'll make sure he takes some pictures, including the channel strips. They are not all the same, since the console has A, B and pre-A EQ modules. The frequencies are different on some of the modules.

There is no road case.

I bought this console from Harvey Gerst about seven years or so ago. Alex drove it up here. I can't recall where they got it from.

I'll let you know when more pictures become available and any info about the PSU.

Cheers,

Otto

Thanks for the info. I have a an ex-recording engineer friend in Mississippi that could drive over to B'ham and check it out for me. Keep me in the loop.

Several folks expressed interest at about the same time, shortly after I posted this listing, and one person made a commitment right away to buy the console, so it is spoken for.

Thanks for your interest!

Otto

audiotronics sold??

Hi Otto,

If your committed dude flakes. Give me a shout. Did you ever get any 1st hand pix in B'ham? BTW where are you located?

Thanks,
Mslim

Back