ART MPA Gold Mic Pre and ART Pro VLA Compressor combo!

rvs0002

I am selling an ART MPA Gold preamp and ART Pro VLA compressor limiter. I am the original owner and neither have left my smoke free home studio. I have the original manuals as well as the original boxes (for sure with the pre, pretty sure I have the original VLA box as well). You can hear these two pieces of equipment on my latest cd - to listen go to Welcome to Johnny Lokke - Metal from the Heartland and listen the first 3 songs which were recorded in my own studio with these two units (on vocals, bass, guitars, and drum overheads).

I upgraded one of the tubes in the pre with a Tung-sol to give each side of the pre a different character, but will throw the original in as well so you can have it as a back-up, or you might prefer the sound of it. The MPA is a great pre, having 2 channels, variable inpedence on both sides (used to match impedance with your mic or to give your mic different sounds), built in adjustable hi-pass filters, 48v phantom power on both sides, adjustable input and output gain, a +20dB gain switch (for ribbon mics or other mics that require a lot of gain like an SM7), switchable plate voltage, 2 HI-Z 1/4 inch jacks for DI recording of guitars/bass, 2 XLR inputs, XLR and 1/4 inch outputs, large VU meters and probably more things that I can't think of right now. Also, this isn't a starved-plate design (like a lot of cheap tube pre's) where the tubes are really meaningless. Here is a quick review of it as well as a video so you can see it better: Art MPA Gold Review.

ART MPA Gold - $200.00

Along with it, I am selling it's companion, the Pro VLA compressor. Also a great box. Very quiet and easy to use. I have used it on vocals, drums and bass guitar and loved it on all of them. Here is the official language from ART's site:

The PRO VLA (Vactrol® based Leveling Amplifier) is a multi-purpose tool for audio engineering and recording. Enclosed in a 2U(3.5" high) rack-mountable chassis are two independent channels of analog leveling/compression designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, or electronic instrument setup. ART’s PRO VLA circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing the latest and most advanced analog and tube technology. Using a transformerless design throughout, the PRO VLA maintains exceptional signal integrity and extremely low noise. Its VCA-less design utilizes optical electronics (Vactrol) coupled with a 12AX7 vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance.

The PRO VLA is a soft knee leveling amplifier by design. Although it is capable of providing a thoughougly "squashed" signal, the PRO VLA was designed to excel in areas where transparent, expressively musical dynamics control is desired. In addition to making signal levels more manageable, it is common practice to apply compression or limiting to a signal to make it louder or more "in-your-face". The benefit of using the PRO VLA for these applications is in its design. By utilizing opto-electronics, the PRO VLA allows you to add more compression without sounding like you’re squashing the daylights out of the signal. Unlike typical compressors which use VCA’s to control level detection, the PRO VLA is very musical. The nature of its operation is much like the way your eye adjusts to light. Just as your eye transparently adjusts to changes in light, the PRO VLA adjusts to changes in signal level.

ART Pro VLA - $150.00

Here is a link to a bunch of user reviews: Recording & Production: PRO VLA 2-Channel Tube Compressor by ART | Harmony Central.

Both units are in great shape...just a bit of "rack-rash" around the screw holes from switching racks from time to time. Hate to see these go but I am upgrading equipment for my next release so I have to cover expenses and make room! Hopefully you will get as much use out of them as I am!

Shipping will be $10.00 insured for each and will only ship to the continental US.

You can check my feedback on EBAY (search for user rvs0002) and you can see I have over 100 sales with great feedback! Thanks for looking!

artmpa1.jpg

What kind of preamps do yo have for sale MoreSound? I got a nice mic now i need a decent preamp. Do you have a art mpa gold or something in that price range for sale sir?

Hi, It's willy from florida

how do we do the cash thing for your MP Gold and Pro VLA? We could do a pay-pal to your e-mail???
also... do you need a like new BBE 882 (maybe $300 plus our BBE for you 2 items & shipping???

I have a manley in the rack noww, and to tell you the truth, my odl ART TCS II is warmer... and it can noise filter as well!!!
I don't know where some of these guys come from. If you want warmer, back up an MP Gold right behind each other, and you've got one nice output. I push my dirty, hard sounding ole' Line-6 Pod Pro through a black Pro MP and a MP Gold with GE tubes... NICE!!! and cheap!

anyway, we DO want them

capt will slee (ret)
purple heart veterans band
10743 108st
largo, fl 33778

727-393-9523

Rack.jpgrack system2.jpgRack 1.jpg

Oh!

Dah!

So I need a Pro VLA at least, maybe another ART TCS II (I really like them ole' things... and they're cheap), or whatever decent TUBE compressor you might have (2 channel),
Also want a Sarine Rt7000 or 1701, maybe a Korg RT1000 if I have to.
I'l wait to hear from you until I look further.

cslee@tampabay.rr.com

rack dog.jpg

Back