Analog Recording Equipment for Sale

themaddog

Rockin' & Rollin'
Hello everyone,
It's time to clear out some of my analog gear that I haven't been using as of late. I thought I would offer it here before putting it up on eBay within the next couple of weeks. Pictures of any of the equipment is available upon request. I will fully test each piece of equipment prior to receiving payment. I am willing to ship internationally.

Tascam 22-2 $125
The tech at A-Z Tech Electronics in Watertown, MA calibrated this unit and put everything to spec about two years ago. He said the heads are in "cherry" condition. Since then, other than a couple of times, the machine has just sat. Great sounding machine for someone that wants to mix to analog, as it is a 1/4" machine that records at 7.5 or 15 ips onto 7" reels.

Tascam 238 $125
This machine sounds great. I have had it for about four years, and in the time I've used it it has stopped on its own - inexplicably - twice. I don't know if it needs a new capstan belt or what, but both times, after hitting play it did its thing as normal. This machine records 8 tracks onto a standard type II cassette tape. I personally think this machine sounds better than most 4 track Portastudios, and a lot better than the 488's.

Tascam MSR-16 $900
This machine sounds awesome and is in near mint condition. It has DBX Type I noise reduction and records 16 tracks onto 1/2" tape. When I had two of these, this was my second, "home" machine. When I was in a band I would record us at our practice space and mix at home on this machine, so it has seen very little recording use. I also have the manual. I need to do just a few last transfers, so this machine will be available in a couple of weeks.

Tascam RC-416 Remote Control for the MSR-16 $250
This is the remote control for the above listed MSR-16. It's in perfect working order. I will also include an extension cable, in addition to the cable attached to the remote. This remote control comes with the stand.

Tascam MTS-1000 MIDIizer $300
This is a synchronizer for tape machines. Although it can technically work with any tape machine that is a master, it is best suited for the Tascam 238, TSR-8, MSR-16, and MSR-24, as these machines have an Accessory 2 port. I'm not sure if the 688 also has an Accessory 2 port, which is why I hesitate to add it to this list. The use of the Accessory 2 port on any of these machines will allow the machine to slave to SMPTE time code. In addition, the MIDIizer, when connected to the Accessory 2 port of a tape machine, will function as a remote control. I have one, original Tascam manufactured Accessory 2 cable that will sell with this machine.The MIDIizer can also translate SMTPE from a tape machine to MTC, which can be read and slaved to by many DAW's. This MIDIizer is in perfect working condition, but it has a small crack on one of the connectors for the parallel port. This is a cosmetic flaw and shouldn't affect its functionality, but since I don't have the IF/1000 Parallel Interface, I've never been able to test this function of the machine. This machine also comes with the manual.

Thanks for looking, and please don't hesitate to ask if you are interested or have any questions.

-MD

By popular request, here are pictures of my Tascam 238. It's in decent cosmetic shape, but there are some scratches along the top of the unit and some wear on the sides. The heads appear to be in good shape and I think they sound great. If any serious party is interested in hearing back samples of playback I'll be happy to provide that, too.

The serial number on the back is 60456 882.

-MD

Attachments

• 238 1.JPG
    238 1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 238 2.JPG
    238 2.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 238 3.JPG
    238 3.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 238 4.JPG
    238 4.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 243
The 238...

is Direct-Drive, baby!............:eek:;)

Good on'ya, though. Awww, don't sell all yer stuff!
(said one incorrigible gear addict to another).:eek:;)

The RC 416 has been sold, and the Tascam 22-2 sale is pending.

Anybody interested in a mint Tascam MSR-16? If you're in the Boston area, PM me and come check it out.

-MD

Back