Alesis ADAT HD24XR Hard Disk Multi-Track Digital Recorder w/ Fire Port

Nate74

HR4FREBR
This unit has been in my smoke free studio for about 3 years. I've recorded about a dozen full length albums with it and countless demos and it has always performed flawlessly. The unit is in excellent shape and could almost pass for new.

This is a very flexible unit allowing you to mix on your analog console if you're old school or to track to the HD24XR and then edit and mix in the box. You simply CAN NOT find 24 A/D/A converters of this quality for anywhere near this price.

This is the XR version with the better A/D/A converters and it has the ability to record at 96kHz/24-bit.

As you can see in the pix below, everything that originally came with this recorder is included in this auction. These still retail new for $2k.

ALSO INCLUDED: is the Alesis Fire Port 1349. The Fire Port allows you to connect the HD24XR's drives to your PC via Firewire for file transfer to your favorite DAW. I used this a bit but you can also connect the HD24XR directly to your PC via an Ethernet cable to transfer files. The Fire Port goes for $200 new.

I'd love to sell it here if possible. I realize the market is soft right now so I'm open to REALISTIC offers, but keep in mind this was a 2.2k package less than 3 years ago.

Thanks.

nmorefield@earthlink.net

hd24xr_2.jpg

hd24xr.jpg

access1.jpg

fire_port_box.jpg

fire_port_stuff.jpg

Yeah, the stock 40GB is in one, the other is empty. I never installed a drive into it. At 44.1kHz/24-bit a 40GB lasts a long time. When I did record at 96/24, I'd just transfer the files to a backup drive when I was done.

BTW, I received an email about this unit asking me about the production date. It's currently all packaged up so before I open it all back up to find the date, does anybody know why the production date would matter other than determining the unit's age?

Did they change something significant at some point?

Thanks.

I wish I had the bucks for this.
I have wanted one for a while with the newer converters.

I have an ADAT card in my computer (RME Hammerfall) that can stream 24 channels adat lightpipe.(3 ins and 3 outs).
Would that help in streaming the audio live to and from through the Unit to where I could use it strictly as converters?
What about offloading the data, would the 24 adat channels help with that?

I have an ADAT card in my computer (RME Hammerfall) that can stream 24 channels adat lightpipe.(3 ins and 3 outs).
Would that help in streaming the audio live to and from through the Unit to where I could use it strictly as converters?
What about offloading the data, would the 24 adat channels help with that?

You know I've wondered the same thing since the converters are so nice. But since I always used it as a stand alone unit, I never really figured it out. As for offloading the data, I used the firewire thing.

Wow, the market is soft indeed. Maybe in a few months I'll give this another go. A great unit...

yeah my thoughts too.

the studio is slow, and I just joined a new band so the gigs are really low paying just now.
I'd love to have this.

I know you can sell it on evil bay.
Heck you may get nearly what you paid for it.

I really REALLY wish I had any money at ALL to offer you on it.
Let me know if you do hold onto it for a while.

I know you can sell it on evil bay.
Heck you may get nearly what you paid for it.

I really REALLY wish I had any money at ALL to offer you on it.
Let me know if you do hold onto it for a while.

Actually haven't had any luck on ebay. Market's soft I guess so this will just sit in the box a while :(

Back