8 track Tape Deck, MRL tape, HEADS!!

znorton

For sale to a good home. been very good to me, but i need to raise the $$ for a 16 track.

Otari MX 5050 mk3 - 1/2" 8 track -
great rubber, great runner. heads have some wear... but it's even, and there is tons and tons of life left. never lapped. 3 head deck, lights, counters, memory and all functions are strong. transport remote control and ALL manuals... included WITH 3 rolls 456... only 1 roll has run through the machine more than once... one roll of 1 pass 499 and a roll of very slightly used GP9 tape. all for $500.

1/2" 8 track MRL 1 yr old, MRL labs IEC 15 ips 8 minute tape - will sell separate from tape deck for $150.. new they go for $210. ran through the machine 2 times for set up. still has warranty card you can send in!!

HEADS -
i planned on keeping this deck forever, so when i saw a set of brand new never installed replacement rec and sel/rep heads for the mx5050 i jumped on them. never installed, spec'd out as direct replacements for this deck. i bought them for $500... you can get them for $400.

If you want the whole package, or some combo, etc... pm or email me at:
znorton at hockey dot net

tape deck has two slight imperfections.
1. track 6 tape monitor switch nub is broken. you can easily work around this with the global switch, or by using any slender object like a small screwdriver to move the switch.

2. there's a little separation on the laminate melamine on one corner of the body of the deck. purely cosmetic.

Back