2 ACMP 81's - literally new in original packaging

vicenzajay

Hi all,

Deciding after a year that I'm not going to keep the two ACMP-81 pres that I bought from the group buy two years ago. I did take them out of the box last April, turn them on and "burn them in" for about 6 hours - then I hooked up a mic and did 3-4 vocal tracks and mic'd cabinet tracks to ensure everything worked. While I'm sure my units have the hum issue that all the ACMP-81s have, it was not (yep, I'm serious) noticeable in the headphones with the EQ engaged post tracking. That being said, the purpose of opening them up was simply to ensure they were working.

They then went back into the box and have sat there for almost an entire year. I find myself really in need of two API-ish channels, instead, and I have a pending deal on a single rack unit with two channels...so something needs to go. Given that I have decided to go another route with regard to running final mixes OTB (vice a Neve 81'ish solution), I don't need these and really don't have time to do any mods. I'm keeping the ACMP 73's I have...although they have yet to be racked as well.

Oh well, enough rambling - These are brand new...just aged in fine cardboard packaging...$225 plus actual shipping for one or $400 plus actual shipping for the pair. I've done many deals here and on gearslutz, TGP and talkbass. If you are a reputable member here, I will ship these upon your commitment to buy without taking payment first...that way we can be completely on the up and up with regard to actual postage costs.

Cheers - really sorry to not be using these....those who use them as pres (without EQ) or have had them modded swear by them. It's a shame as I really wanted these to be my master L/R "take the 2-buss out of the box and give it low mid warmth and glue along with some subtle shaping EQ" channels.

If someone has a bead on someone who will affordably get rid of any issues with these units, I'm open to that option as well. For now the priority is to sell them in order to get a fraction of the cost of the API unit put together; however, I will consider giving someone some business to make these as quiet as a mouse.

bump...

pm answered....would consider these also as partial trades towards:

- Pair of rackable API pres...on the order of SCA or boutique clone circuits vice originals.

- Quality summing mixer - need 8 or more inputs/outputs.

Back