tiny mic pre amp for a project

bhart2489

hey guys, im looking at building a bluetooth transmiter for an SM58 for my dslr. what im looking for is a verry small and somewh inexpencive under ($150) pre that i can use. im only useing it for speech, no singing at all. thanks for any help

hey guys, im looking at building a bluetooth transmiter for an SM58 for my dslr. what im looking for is a verry small and somewh inexpencive under ($150) pre that i can use. im only useing it for speech, no singing at all. thanks for any help

Do you want to build a pre amp or are you looking for a complete unit? How small is "small"??
If you are making, I would start with a 1:10 transformer* feeding an NE5534 or better an LM4562. What sort of power, V &I do you have available?

Will the transmitter have some sort of compression/limiting in it? If not you will surely need to put some in the pre amp?

*Would not suggest such a high ratio for music, i.e. quality work but be fine for rough A speech. You can extract such a traff from a cheapo DI box or one of those inline jack to XLR mic balance adaptors (Maplin do one here).

Dave.

Back