1/4" input jack for pcb

notCardio

I walk the line
Anyone know where I can get an input jack like this? Being plastic, mine broke.

TO800%20front%20of%20board.jpg

Behringer have such massive buying clout that they can have stuff made exclusively for them and, AFAIK, will not supply spares to Joe Public*. I tried to get parts for my BCA2000 from them and despite proof that I was a bona fide service tech of 45years standing, they would not play ball.

If you are lucky it might be a 3rd party part "Preh" are good place to start.

Note (grannie's and eggs not withstanding) the best way to get that jack off the PCB is to "destroy" it in situ and then carefully unsolder and pluck out the "bits". Suckers and other means are likely to bugger the print tracks.

* A practice I would outlaw in this country were I able. I would tell firms, "If you want to sell here you HAVE to make spares and service reasonably available."

Ooo! http://www.actionhardware.co.uk/par...ute=product/product&path=34_56&product_id=584

Anything like?

Dave.

Trawl ebay but I agree, it's gonna be hard to find that part.

If you're stuck I'd remove it as dave described then just fit a new low profile socket on trailing wires, rather than trying to surface mount a new one.
The chassis nut should be enough to keep it in place. Just make sure there's enough clearance to fit whatever jack socket you find. :)

Last edited:
Stop and ask yourself how much your time and frustration are worth. This is a cheap ass pedal! By the time you buy the part and a six pack of decent beer you could have it replaced.

...Or rehouse the whole damn thing! Replace both jacks, all the pots, and the switch, and put it in a real metal case. It will likely be somewhat quieter, and definitely sturdier!

...Or build your own TubeScreamer clone!

Behringer have such massive buying clout that they can have stuff made exclusively for them and, AFAIK, will not supply spares to Joe Public*. I tried to get parts for my BCA2000 from them and despite proof that I was a bona fide service tech of 45years standing, they would not play ball.

If you are lucky it might be a 3rd party part "Preh" are good place to start.

Note (grannie's and eggs not withstanding) the best way to get that jack off the PCB is to "destroy" it in situ and then carefully unsolder and pluck out the "bits". Suckers and other means are likely to bugger the print tracks.

* A practice I would outlaw in this country were I able. I would tell firms, "If you want to sell here you HAVE to make spares and service reasonably available."

Ooo! JS-64547 Slimline Jack Socket 6.4mm for PCB Mounting

Anything like?

Dave.

Yeah, that looks just like it, from what I can see. I wonder, does paypal have a way to convert to euros? Of course, I haven't even checked to see if they ship to the US.

Thanks, man!

And yeah, I know it's more hassle than it's worth, but I just have a problem junking something that would otherwise work for such a little part.

I don't even know if I like it. It broke before I really got to try it out. If I really like it, then I might go to the trouble of putting it in a different box with good parts, but I doubt it.

And as far as the DYI clone, I ain't buildin' shit. I hate soldering!

"I don't even know if I like it. It broke before I really got to try it out"

Just "tack" a jack lead to the broken connector to give it a go.

Dave.

"I don't even know if I like it. It broke before I really got to try it out"

Just "tack" a jack lead to the broken connector to give it a go.

Dave.

Now there's an idea!

---------- Update ----------

I would just buy the TS9 and be done with it.

TS9s don't float my boat.

---------- Update ----------

throw it in the bin and get a boss SD-1, it's probably the best sounding cheap overdrive pedal

I've got an SD-1. No, it's not. Not even in the ballpark.

And just an FYI, I've got several other overdrives, I just wanted to try this one out too. Ever on the hunt for THE ONE.

OK, let's see...I've got a DS-1 (I'm guessing that's what you meant), a Boss Blues Driver BD-2, a Digitech Bad Monkey, A Fulltone OCD, an MXR Distortion+, a modded Maxon OSD9, an Analogman-modded TS7, an original Rat (bought it new back in the day), an original UniVox Super Fuzz (again, new, way back when), some other thing I can't remember that somebody gave me but it's kinda cool, a Tech 21 'British' Marshall-in-a-box, 3 different kinds of modelers, a Pignose (not sure if that counts, but since you can run it like a pedal...), a Shin-what's-it's-face fuzz-wah (again, from my youth), and god-knows what else that I can't even remember right now. I also had a Fulltone Full Drive but I took it back.

Anybody wanna buy some pedals?

If you do hunt down a 1/4" jack, it would be handy to know if it's the one that needs the internal switch or contacts that powers the unit up when you plug in.
This is good point. The Input jack will need to be stereo. Did he say which of the jacks is broken?

He did say that he's got at least three different TubeScreamer clones, but the TS9 don't float his boat, but maybe this cheap Behringer clone will be "the one". Shrug.

Both exist. I'd guess he meant SD-1.

I see that now. My mistake. I've watched a bunch of youtube videos on it now, and I'll have to look into trying one out for myself. Nothing I've seen has impressed me too much, but you can't really go too much by videos anyway. Worth at least a look.

Oh, btw, in case anyone is interested, the pedal that I couldn't remember that's kind of interesting (but still not what I was looking for) is a Korg ToneWorks 411fx Super Multi FX.

Back