Gibsonafied Epiphone

Pub Style

You Are The Walrus
So a few years back (2010) I saw this Epiphone LP Standard in a music store located in a town I was gigging in. I immediately loved the honey burst finish on it. So yes, I plopped down the cash without thinking twice. When I returned home I was eager to put this newbie up against my other Les Paul's (Gibsons) It sounded fine and held its own to some degree but of course it simply didn't sound as good as the rest.

Solution:
I replaced the pickups with 57 Classics in the neck and bridge. The bridge is of course the 57 classic plus. I also switched out the pots, switch, input, and tuning pegs. It's now for all intense purposes a really kickass sounding Gibson guitar. Everything but the headstock .

I have no problem with Epiphone Les Paul's in general but I really wanted to "Gibify" <- my word, this guitar. It is now my main gigging guitar as most of my other LP's are well over 20 - 35 years old and they stay home.

View attachment 99273

..should I have put this thread in the guitars and basses category? Damn.

Last edited:
Pics or it's still an Epi... How do the 57s compare to the stock pickups? I'm a fan. I've got one in the bridge position of my LP. That guitar doesn't have a bad tone in it. Wish it were more comfortable to play.

Back