does a valve mic capsule work on a phantom power mic??

manuelmateus

does a valve mic capsule work on a phantom power mic??
I use a Microphone 34mm Large Mylar Capsule on a c01 mic samson and it dont work, just make a hum sound at 50 hz

If it's not a USB mic, then yes, that particular mic needs phantom power. You should read the manual.

If it's not a USB mic, then yes, that particular mic needs phantom power. You should read the manual.

i'm using the samson c01 mic with phantom power and its not a usb mic, to conect the new capsule it just 2 cables, i think i'm doing all right but i had no sound just hummmm sound at 50 hz, the capsule dosent look damage i purche the capsule new

true condenser microphones, is the first time I hear talk about it, Thanks, this is the capsule I use http://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/Microphone-34mm-Large-Mylar-Capsule-Diaphragm-Condenser-Element-K47-K49-M7-Pro/404390_1674196831.html?storeId=404390
I was playing around trying to mod my microphone and improve the sound, I thought maybe the capsule was not working, I changed the capsule from the samson c01 to a Chinese mic call BM-700 and it work, I'm thinking on buy the MXL 990 and then modify it, but probably my 34mm Large Mylar Capsule dont work on that too

Back