Digitech RP255 Mod

spjoens

I have a Digitech RP255 pedal that for me was a little cumbersome to use the way it was. So I decided to mod it.

1. There's no switch so I installed one on the back from Radio Shack - The input jack is a switching jack and since I leave the cord plugged in I didn't like having it always on so it was removed. The switch could be put next to the new input as well.

2. The input was on the back side where the guitar cord could easily end up under the pedal. So it was replaced with a non-switching jack and moved to the right side where most boxes have them. I would have preferred it directly in front but there isn't enough room to put it there.

3. Electrical tape was placed on the inside bottom cover under the new jack to prevent any shorts.

rp255.12_zps9i6d6fxz.jpg

rp255.06_zpscsvgtsd9.jpg

Nice job! Equipment without power switches always bugs me. I don't know why they do that. The best mic preamp I own, which is an N72 from Seventh Circle Audio, is in their "One Shot Chassis" (as opposed to their 8-space rack), and it doesn't have a power cord. Have to unplug it every time. I've thought about running it to its own power strip and making the button accessible, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Good one. A word of warning if I may about lekkie's tape?

It will curl, dry up and fall off. Big props to thinking about the insulation but get a piece of card or plastic (thin Paxolin is ideal) . Put a blob of epoxy on one side, blob of hardener on the chassis, push together. Hour later not going to bloody move!

NB you can use U-HU.

Dave.

Back