Bird Phaser

kip4

And to think this new hobbie all kicked off because Paul Steen encouraged me.
We both bought Deacy amp kits and did the same build one christmas.
I've come a ways since then.
Being colour blind always stopped me from even having a go at electronics.
I applied for a Navy Radio operators job aged 15 and was told by the recruitement officer.
"It could not happen." So I gave up on my dream of building circuits like I had seen my father do.
Thanks to advancements in technology my colourblindness does not hold me back.
I learnt to read schematics ,solder, build circuits, design circuits, modifiy them, order parts, do layouts, engineer the boxs, apply and make the artwork, all sorts of new skills.
Guys don't give up on your dreams. Make them so.

I give you the Trikbox Bird Phaser.

eE33HYGb.jpg

Yeah, being colour blind is a bummer I am sure. I am not but my general vision was getting bad from about 50 (now 71) and schematics and resistor values were a trial. Thing is tho', ALL the stuff got so small MOST people had trouble so we all had magnifiers!

Then, being an of effer I could not get head around the changes to the colour code so everything got checked on the trusty Fluke. Internal wiring is bland, grey ribbon so even that won't faze you!

I have now lost central vision in my left eye (ARMD, having injections in the right...Works!) This makes soldering fun as my short distance depth perception is shot. Have the same problem slicing tomatos!

Well done!

Dave.

Hey hey man! Thanks for sharing.

Have to say, I don't think I ever knew you were colour blind!
Regardless, your work is a credit to you. :)

I still use the little deacy amp(s) regularly. Have one on the bench right here!

Thanks Paul.
The EnvoTrem (enveloped tremolo) linked thread in that thread was a major turning point for me.
To think it was 5 yrs now since we both made those Deacys. I much improved mine since with some pucker wiring. All I had at the time was cat5. How things have changed, I'm into digital builds and ribbon cabling.
I love my little auto wah too.

MuthaFunker Auto Wah. - YouTube

Back