6N3 'HiFi Buffer Preamp' = inexpensive tube preamp

here is a fixed version for your application:

excuse my scribbles :drunk:

oops I notice something. the 4.7K resistor goes in between the grid and the 100K resistor to ground. not before like I drew.

the 250K is the gain setting the 500K on the output is the output level. but could be a 500K resistor.

but I must warn you the output will be somewhere around 10V of signal with a guitar.

Last edited:
IMG_8132.JPG

I´ve been usin this pre for about 3 years with a Tripath amplifier. It really warms the hard T Class sound, may be due armonic content or EQ coloration. But sound pretty good to me.

DrTechno... now, for guitar purposes, 330MRAS is 330 OHMS? 0.47uF previous the 500k 2w pot at the output, what kink of cap should be?

Thanks a lot!!!
Gustavo

Last edited:
"... now, for guitar purposes, 330MRAS is 330 OHMS? 0.47uF previous the 500k 2w pot at the output, what kink of cap should be?"

Guitars tend to drive stages into overload and as it stands I suspect that pre amp will suffer nasty sounding "blocking" distortion. IMO the 0.47 caps need to be reduced by a factor of 20 and the 4k7input grid stopper upped to 47/68k. A 100k grid stopper is also needed between stages.

Dave.

Back