CLA Q&A session: READ THIS FIRST!!!

Chater-La

Hi Everyone, Chris Lord Alge will visit our forum March 27, 2012 to answer all your questions.

Some guidelines:
1. Post your question in a separate thread with a topic that describes your question
2. It's OK to question/disagree but please stay professional and respectful
3. Trolling, harassing, sarcastic or otherwise professionally-unbecoming questions will be deleted.
4. Once someone posts a question, do not reply to it or discuss it until after the Q&A is finished. We want to keep it clean for CLA to answer first.

CLA will come in only once and answer the questions. There will most likely not be follow up or forum discussion as we know it due to his time limitations.

Now let's have some fun!

Hi Everyone, Chris Lord Alge will visit our forum March 27, 2012 to answer all your questions.

Some guidelines:
1. Post your question in a separate thread with a topic that describes your question
2. It's OK to question/disagree but please stay professional and respectful
3. Trolling, harassing, sarcastic or otherwise professionally-unbecoming questions will be deleted.
4. Once someone posts a question, do not reply to it or discuss it until after the Q&A is finished. We want to keep it clean for CLA to answer first.

CLA will come in only once and answer the questions. There will most likely not be follow up or forum discussion as we know it due to his time limitations.

Now let's have some fun!

Once CLA has answer the questions put forth ... will the posts be reopened for further debate between members?

Well I set this up with the Wave's guys as CLA is a Wave's producer. I thought HR would be a great place for it, and to get some action going here.

It was great, and his list of recordings is amazing.

My two favorite Q&A's were the one of rock vocal - SM7 & Distressor, and the Q about EQ, 3 points with response of 80,1k, 8k. really interesting.

Had there been more time to have him dissect a HR recording of the MP3 thread would have been great too.

The comment of having software offering 12 comps versus trying to buy 12 hardware comps was interesting. I heard some other pro's say the difference is minimal.

He skipped over my monitor Q?, but every article clearly mentions he uses the old NS10 and a cheap subwoofer from Frys and has for years. no mystery there.

Back