Chris, before you go .....

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
Not sure how much more time you will be able to give us...but on behalf of the entire HR membership, I wanted to say thank you for stopping by.
Our forum administrator, "Chater La", who organized this visit with you, is on Europe time, and she's not going to see these threads until the morning, so I'm also speaking on her behalf.

Please stay as long as you like and stop by any time, and feel free to visit some of the other forums on HR. We have a great MP3 Clinic forum with lots of member mixes available for listening....if you have the time.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/mp3-mixing-clinic/

Again
Thank you!

Just a mix before you go
A lesson for us to learn
Let us know if you like our sounds
Or if your stomach churns . . .

I shouldn't laugh. :o

I really feel sorry for you Tagbo. You didn't get one single question answered. :(

:wtf: For some reason your questions kept getting pushed to the second page.

Oh, I don't mind, really. I have found the whole episode funny, from when I saw the response to your question about the future of recording {I still crease up when I think about it}, right through to the cave meltdown about Lord Algae. It's given me the opportunity to trot out some lame jests !
That said, although I'd heard of CLA before, it was in an offhand way. I'm more interested in engineers from the 60s and 70s and even then, it's only for their opinions on how they came across certain things. I'm not at all sure if I have anything that CLA was the mixer on but it still would've been interesting to hear what he had to say.
Personally, I thought most of his answers were lame. You know, his Q&A was announced with no small fanfare and I wonder what would've happened if everyone had just not taken part. I don't think you should have to dig deep and solve ephemeral mysteries to get beneath and beyond his unpunctuated sentences. Blimey, even Greg and Supercreep who can both be incredulously brief and no frills in answering sometimes, they'll give you details on something recording related.
But that's not the fault of anyone here that organized it. It was an interesting idea although I thought MsHilarious came up with a brilliant one about the clinic.
Ho hum.

Oh yeah 60's and 70's engineers!
I would sit and read all day long if they got Geoff Emerick or similar. ;)
I'm currently reading his autobiography. Despite the fact that I simply don't believe some of his stories, it's rivetting. The stuff he describes about recording technique is fantastic.

No rep. On the 27 March 2012, your asking Clalge the very direct question 'Is that it?' scared him off and he hasn't been back since. I hold you personally responsible. And him, of course.

Back