YouTube Guides for anything to do with recording.

Late to the party it seems...

Did this guy even have anything to say at all on his site? THIS link has nothing. Or did he delete the 'how to roll up a cable' blog?

I am just curious.

I do think that you XPLO should calm down your responses in the Newbie forum a bit. Yes it seems this guy was spamming, but we could have dealt with it on a level-and not publicly on the one forum that is made to keep new kids from feeling afraid to post.

A 9 year old kid that is just looking for a place to give him some insight that reads 'fuck him and go fuck yourself' is not likely to make them feel safe here. Just sayin...

Though I agree the poster here was out of line, I would hope that we don't present a forum of arrogance like found at GS....

When I first read through this thread I thought I was somewhere else.....

"WARNING: Bad Language, Politically un-correct. Enter at your own risk. Mostly unmoderated! But remember, this doesn't mean "anything goes"!"

And so the subsequent moving of the thread...

I was just having fun with the guy exposing his blatant dishonesty. He came here under false pretences. I wasn't angry. I was just exposing him for what he is, which is someone trying to get people here to help him make money in the future from YouTube. That's fine with me, but don't come here saying you're trying to help the community, when in reality you're just trying to help yourself! Be up-front, not some phony bastard. :spank: And yes, he deleted his ridiculous videos.:D And I do agree I could have been more diplomatic. I didn't realize it was in the Newbie forum. I don't go there unless it's to actually answer a legitimate question.:thumbs up:

Last edited:
I was just having fun with the guy exposing his blatant dishonesty. He came here under false pretences. I wasn't angry. I was just exposing him for what he is, which is someone trying to get people here to help him make money in the future from YouTube. That's fine with me, but don't come here saying you're trying to help the community, when in reality you're just trying to help yourself! Be up-front, not some phony bastard. :spank:

Agreed man. You did call it right it seems. :)

So, how do you roll up a cable? :confused:

I don't know about you lot but whenever I'm working with non-musical (and even some musical) people, and they say "Can I help pack up?" I'll find them ANYTHING else to do than roll up my cables, I just know I'll have to redo them :laughings:

Usually that equates to "Thanks, but you're best out of the way getting coffee and/or beer at this stage of the process..." ;)

I'm curious if any of the guys from Oz live close enough to this clown that they can go give him a kick in the balls on behalf of the rest of the "community".

He's in Perth... it's a long walk from here. Witzendoz is closer, but it's still a bit of a drive... :)

I didn't see the video in question but every now and then you come across video's like the one mentioned, where people like "simplerecording" (too long a name, let's call him Buzz) just think that they're doing the world a favour by creating a serial/blog of pathetic things like "how to roll up an xlr cable" - It's all rather childish, like the days when you used to pretend to be a soldier, pirate, Radio DJ with your Dad's record collection, singer with a brush or a guitarist with a tennis racket, etc etc. I'm sure Buzz meant no harm. He just didn't think it through enough and got Frog/Bunny syndrome, (Jumped ahead of himself) got excited and wanted to share it.

I'm willing to bet that Buzz had grand plans for a huge diary/collection of helpful videos for the (home) recording industry but like a 15yr old boy with a 30yr old whore, he came too soon and made a mess, leaving all concerned disappointed.

I drink too much! :thumbs up:

I'm kinda with Mr Clean on this one. I'm not convinced that this was an attempt at getting hits, though it could have been. My main reason for thinking that is that he came back a few times to "defend himself" and seemed sincere.

When I decided to get into home recording (not long ago) I spent a lot of time in the GearSlutz forums before I found HR and I asked a lot of "dumb" questions (maybe I still do). It took me a while to understand that there is no "best studio monitor" or "best DAW" only opinions and workflows and thoughts on what works. I got flamed over there for the questions and being a "noob". I now realize that it only makes sense to ask for thoughts and opinions on specific gear, workflows and concepts and not "what's the best studio monitor?".

Or he was just a piece of shit spammer and I'm way off base.

As I said earlier, I could have possibly been a little more diplomatic, but the guy's laziness bothered me a bit because if he'd actually searched through this site he would've seen that the answer to probably any question one could think of is already here. I don't know every member here on a personal level, but I do know some and can tell you this: there are some seriously intelligent people here! We have guys that have written books about this subject. There are guys here who teach music at the college level. Guys a lot smarter than my dumbass! LOL! No one here minds helping someone if they have a good attitude and act like they've tried to find the answer. Like you said, if someone has a specific question, someone here will have the answer. I personally enjoy helping people, which is one of the reasons I'm at this site. Plus, I learn new stuff here all the time here. This is a seriously good site if one has the right attitude. but that's true in just about all aspects of life. If one acts like an asshole, it's a pretty sure bet they'll be treated that way! LOL! It doesn't take a lot work to be a righteous human being!

As I said earlier, I could have possibly been a little more diplomatic...

Well, it would have been difficult to have been less diplomatic, so yeah...

"If you have nothing to contribute and are here only to take, then get the fuck down the road with your self-indulgent, self-involved, bullshit!"

It doesn't take a lot work to be a righteous human being!

That's right. But you chose to slam him. Get over it. I've done the same. Just stop trying to justify yourself.

So, how do you roll up a cable? :confused:

I don't know about you lot but whenever I'm working with non-musical (and even some musical) people, and they say "Can I help pack up?" I'll find them ANYTHING else to do than roll up my cables, I just know I'll have to redo them :laughings:
Usually that equates to "Thanks, but you're best out of the way getting coffee and/or beer at this stage of the process..." ;)

Geez, they only ask me when I'm trying to get packed up fast and have to work the next day (so asking them to get me a beer isn't an option). I usually say 'I'm all set, thanks.'

As I said earlier, I could have possibly been a little more diplomatic, but the guy's laziness bothered me a bit because if he'd actually searched through this site he would've seen that the answer to probably any question one could think of is already here. I don't know every member here on a personal level, but I do know some and can tell you this: there are some seriously intelligent people here! We have guys that have written books about this subject. There are guys here who teach music at the college level. Guys a lot smarter than my dumbass! LOL! No one here minds helping someone if they have a good attitude and act like they've tried to find the answer. Like you said, if someone has a specific question, someone here will have the answer. I personally enjoy helping people, which is one of the reasons I'm at this site. Plus, I learn new stuff here all the time here. This is a seriously good site if one has the right attitude. but that's true in just about all aspects of life. If one acts like an asshole, it's a pretty sure bet they'll be treated that way! LOL! It doesn't take a lot work to be a righteous human being!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of (young) people out there who think they can find the answers (specially the easy ones) on youtube and never search further. Part of that is they want to be shown/told what to do without having to read.

Back