Wow my favorite beach will never be the same

Ran across this video on Facebook...It was shot at moonlight Beach in Encinitas...

The wife n I love that place..stay there every summer....
I lived at 4th and D, about a block away in '77. We used to love playing tennis at the crusty old court at the back of the park. I only lived there a short while, but hung out there for years.

What local band?

They have Slash and the Nuge on guitar, and Jack Black on drums.

The singer looks like Buckethead.

I lived at 4th and D, about a block away in '77. We used to love playing tennis at the crusty old court at the back of the park. I only lived there a short while, but hung out there for years.
Must have been really sweet in 77...Was Self realization fellowship gardens open to the public back then...the Koi ponds are the stuff.

For about 10 years we had a friend of a friend that had a bungalow right across from the Moonlight Beach Parking lot we'd rent it for $500 a week when others were paying $1500 for the same shack next door...sweet..

The owners finally decided to retire there and that was the end of that sweet deal. We now rent a condo at the Sea Bluff village, quite a bit more $ but all the modern amenities that go along with it. LOVE Encinitas.

Must have been really sweet in 77...Was Self realization fellowship gardens open to the public back then...the Koi ponds are the stuff.

For about 10 years we had a friend of a friend that had a bungalow right across from the Moonlight Beach Parking lot we'd rent it for $500 a week when others were paying $1500 for the same shack next door...sweet..

The owners finally decided to retire there and that was the end of that sweet deal. We now rent a condo at the Sea Bluff village, quite a bit more $ but all the modern amenities that go along with it. LOVE Encinitas.
It was really laid back there back then. A lot of people living in buses parked at the beaches 'til the SD County nazis ran them all off. The SRF didn't let people in back then. Just north of Swami's was a great beach. I moved from there up to Leucadia on Grandview St. for a while before they built all of the condo's, and put the beach access stairs in. It was Paradise. I grew up in Vista about ten miles away.

Back