the wee forums

dobro

I seldom stray outside the Listening Forum and here, cuz I think there are better places to get your information than hr.com. "Go thou from the presence of a man when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge." But last night I sorta clicked at random through some upstairs forums and posted in a couple sorta stupid threads just to see. Testing a hypothesis. My impression is that there's a high percentage of stupid people up there and a much smaller percentage of people who know what they're talking about. I'm one of the stupid ones, but I know I'm stupid. Big advantage.

I tried the 'straight talk' approach that was mentioned in a recently locked thread. There are whiners up there too.

I get the impression that this site attracts a lot of noobs and a significant number of pretenders. Recipe for drama.

Maybe, but there's also a lot of people who know what they are doing. I've gleened a lot of good info from this place. Certainly more than from watching youtube videos, which the younger generation thinks is the way to learn anything.

Most of the knowledgeable people that were here have gone. Those that remain rarely post in OT forums now because the questions have been covered time and time again or if they do they get shate on for pointing it out. The admin seem to like to encourage nOObs to "express" them selves here with the net result that the quality of info has become much diluted..

Back