The Walking Dead

heatmiser

mr. green christmas
Anyone been watching?

The whole family here is hooked. At first I was thrown by the whole zombie gore-fest/soap opera-like drama combo, but I think it really works.

The second season just ended with a whole bunch of crazy story lines hanging. I may have to buy the comic....errr...graphic novel just to get my fix until next season.

Haven't watched any of the 2 seasons yet, but from what my diehard-fan friend tells me, the graphic novels' plot is followed pretty closely by the show. It's way ahead of where the show currently is though....just fyi in case you decide to give it a go but hate spoilers :D

i've been a devoted follower since the opening episode on halloween 2010 :D
experimented with the graphics before that. just a little though.

the show rules. too hard. ive seen the first season 3 or 4 times.
im hoping for a game.

Just got into it this 2nd season, but got the first season DVDs and watched them in one marathon weekend. I got hints form someone about the things seen in the final episode, but don't want to know more until season 3!

Excellent show, been watching it regularly,,, at my in laws every Sunday night. (I'm to cheap to get cable.) Season 2 just finished up, looking forward to next season, I just may get cable.....

images (1).jpg

Haven't watched any of the 2 seasons yet, but from what my diehard-fan friend tells me, the graphic novels' plot is followed pretty closely by the show. It's way ahead of where the show currently is though....just fyi in case you decide to give it a go but hate spoilers :D

Thanks - I appreciate the warning. There is some variation though. I know that some characters on the show don't even exist in the graphic novel, and some characters that die in one format live on in the other. I would probably get a bunch of ideas about where the show might go, but I think they intend for there to still be surprises.

i've been a devoted follower since the opening episode on halloween 2010 :D
experimented with the graphics before that. just a little though.

the show rules. too hard. ive seen the first season 3 or 4 times.
im hoping for a game.

Awesome. We're right there with you. I found it on TV randomly during the 2nd episode with Rick stuck in the tank. Went back and found the 1st episode and haven't missed one yet. Good point about a game, but then again liscensed games often kinda suck and there is already so much zombie stuff out there.

Just got into it this 2nd season, but got the first season DVDs and watched them in one marathon weekend. I got hints form someone about the things seen in the final episode, but don't want to know more until season 3!

Ok, I won't get into some of the stuff I've been hearing then. Not that I have any inside scoop, but I've been talking to people and have some ideas about next season...

What the heck are you guys talking about?

Oh my lord! You haven't seen this? You gotta. From what little I know about you, I think you'd love it. Tons of suspense, crazy plot twists and awesome zombie gore-fests. Really nice production standards for a TV show - especially commercial TV.

Excellent show, been watching it regularly,,, at my in laws every Sunday night. (I'm to cheap to get cable.) Season 2 just finished up, looking forward to next season, I just may get cable.....

View attachment 70722

Get cable. I can't believe this show is on AMC...? But whatever. I guess there's no way they could do this on a network...?

Ok - two completely unrelated things bugging me about the finale though:

1) These zombies don't seem to ever run, so why the fuck was everyone bombing around the farm in their cars taking shots at them? I mean t-dog and maggie must've been done 45mph along those shitty dirt roads which had their cars bouncing all over the place - has to mess with your aim, right? I guess it didn't matter though as apparently Glenn and Andrea get perfect head shots with each bullet. Along the same lines, why couldn't Rick and Carl have simply run to the house? Just about all of the horde was behind them and they weren't moving too fast...

2) And this bugs me - what was up with the group's reaction to Rick explaining about Shane? Especially Lori of all people! Shit, she practically begged him to kill the guy a few weeks ago, and what Rick did was self defense. She should have freakin' thanked the guy. Looks like he's sick of trying please everyone and as long as he doesn't morph into some kind of Shane clone, I like the new Rick.

Rick didn't tell them that Shane had pulled his gun on him and was about to off him, if he hadn't killed Shane first. And Laurie still had feelings for him ...

Yeah, I did think Rick wasn't very explicit in his explanation, but I thought he mentioned that "he had no choice" and, "he was coming at me", or something along those lines.

I could understand Lori privately grieving the loss of her murderous, psychotic ex-lover, but to act angry to her husband's face about it is inexcusable. I think she pushed Shane over the edge with her apology at the windmill. She was playing both sides...

That Lori is a bitch and needs to start watching her boy. And Lori should have told Rick the truth about Shane the second he showed up. Sat them down and told them what she really wanted, to have a 3 way. The way the wife and child are both acting they deserve to get bit. And if I was in that pretty blonds shoes I'd shoot them all for leaving me behind, but she is one tuff chick. And that old lady with the butch hair cut needs to go, I'd kill her myself.

Looking forward for the one handed man to return. Could it be the freak at the end of the last episode?

As far as the zombies go......I'd get me a suite of chain mail armor so the walkers couldn't bite me, and get a baseball bat with nails in it, and a street sweeper shot gun just in case. Get holed up in a secure spot with 6' walls, and kill any intruder without tits (unless their a zombie of course)

Sounds to must like an afternoon soap opera?

Ha! Exactly....I heard an interview with one of the writers and he basically said, "we throw some zombie shit in there, and then we throw some soap opera shit in there". Probably sounds horrible, but you gotta trust me - it works!

That Lori is a bitch and needs to start watching her boy. And Lori should have told Rick the truth about Shane the second he showed up. Sat them down and told them what she really wanted, to have a 3 way. The way the wife and child are both acting they deserve to get bit. And if I was in that pretty blonds shoes I'd shoot them all for leaving me behind, but she is one tuff chick. And that old lady with the butch hair cut needs to go, I'd kill her myself.

Looking forward for the one handed man to return. Could it be the freak at the end of the last episode?

As far as the zombies go......I'd get me a suite of chain mail armor so the walkers couldn't bite me, and get a baseball bat with nails in it, and a street sweeper shot gun just in case. Get holed up in a secure spot with 6' walls, and kill any intruder without tits (unless their a zombie of course)

Sounds like you've got it pretty well thought out. You'll be one of the survivors for sure.

We've all been waiting for Merle (the one-handed brother of Darryl) to return, but no sign of him yet....

Back