The Walking Dead

At least Bob was bitten though, so the cannibals will prob die or something. Or at the very least puke everywhere lol

Was bob bitten? It seemed to me like that was being implied, but I didn't catch him actually get bitten. I mean, I know he got eaten, but did a zombie bite him in that sludge water?

Oh and I was disappointed that the writers didn't go for the low hanging fruit. While those guys were eating Bob's leg, not one "dark meat" joke was made.

Was bob bitten? It seemed to me like that was being implied, but I didn't catch him actually get bitten. I mean, I know he got eaten, but did a zombie bite him in that sludge water?

Yeah, it was really just implied, but it definitely happened. Pretty sure he was either about to leave the group or waste himself when he walked outside and started crying like that.

Oh and I was disappointed that the writers didn't go for the low hanging fruit. While those guys were eating Bob's leg, not one "dark meat" joke was made.

Bob Burgers--the new dark meat :D

You don't turn into a zombie from getting bitten (remember Herschel?) The zombie bite eventually kills you - loss of blood, infection, whatever, then you turn into a zombie after dying.

Lol. Thanks for the heads up captain obvious.

I'm not 100% sure that all is true though? I mean, I think just getting scratched or bit kills someone regardless of the severity of the wound. Remember Big Tiny in the prison? He just had a deep scratch on his back which wouldn't have been lethal, but they basically pronounced him DOA. Also that guy (Jim?) who got scratched back at the camp outside Atlanta...his wound was minor, but he died anyway.

So, I think you get bit or scratched, and you get infected (I understand everyone is infected to the point where they turn if they die, but I'm talking an active, aggressive and lethal infection), and if the wound itself isn't lethal, the infection eventually kills you, unless you sever the limb like they did with Herschel which stopped the infection....

Sorry, just trying to figure out the rules myself, 'cause they make it confusing sometimes.

The general rules of classic zombiedom are that you have to be bitten. You get bit, you get sick, you die, you come back a zombie.

In Walking Dead world, it's in everyone and when you die, you turn no matter what.

The general rules of classic zombiedom are that you have to be bitten. You get bit, you get sick, you die, you come back a zombie.

In Walking Dead world, it's in everyone and when you die, you turn no matter what.

Right, but my point was that in TWD, you can also get bit or scratched, get sick, die and turn, just like in classic mode.

Right, but my point was that in TWD, you can also get bit or scratched, get sick, die and turn, just like in classic mode.

Right. I don't think you even have to get sick. Just die any old way and you're a zombie. Didn't that Shane guy get shot by Rick, so Rick waited for him to turn then killed him again?

Right. I don't think you even have to get sick. Just die any old way and you're a zombie. Didn't that Shane guy get shot by Rick, so Rick waited for him to turn then killed him again?

Yes, you could die of old age and would still turn into a zombie. Someone above mentioned getting bit wouldn't make you turn though, and I'm saying I think it does...it kills you, even if it's just a minor flesh wound.

Rick stabbed Shane, Shane died, got up and then Carl capped his ass. That was the moment that Rick realized what the guy in the CDC had whispered to him about everyone being infected was true. Before Shane, Rick still hoped that you had to get bit first.

That was a high point for me right there. Fuck Shane.

Last edited:
Right, a bite is death from infection unless you're Herschel and they chop your limb off right away before it spreads.

What I don't understand is that if zombie bites are so infectious, how is it the "living" can get zombie blood and guts splattered all over their faces and eyes but never get sick? They can smear toxic zombie blood all over their bodies to blend in, but never get sick. Stupid.

What I don't understand is that if zombie bites are so infectious, how is it the "living" can get zombie blood and guts splattered all over their faces and eyes but never get sick? They can smear toxic zombie blood all over their bodies to blend in, but never get sick. Stupid.

That's what I've thought about nearly every Zombie flick I've seen. I've never seen this Walking Dead program though.

Right, a bite is death from infection unless you're Herschel and they chop your limb off right away before it spreads.

They were wading in zombie infested waters the other night, and I thought what if you had an open cut, wouldn't you get infected by all their zombie juice in the water? Then I sanity checked it. I'm watching a show about zombies for the 5th season. It's telly, what the hell do I care?

Yeah, TWD isn't really consistent with that at all. These people are splattering brains everywhere... zombie crap would get in their mouths/eyes, small hand cuts, anything really. Honestly if they were being true about it, any small amount being introduced into a cut or some other type of thing like their nose/eyes whatever would kill them pretty dang fast lol. Even the parts where they kill zombies with stupid little things like pencils and crap, that'd be really dangerous. Like say you swing at the zombie wrong and your arm hits their tooth or something. You get cut and are deaddddddd. It's just one of those things you just have to overlook lol

They were wading in zombie infested waters the other night, and I thought what if you had an open cut, wouldn't you get infected by all their zombie juice in the water? Then I sanity checked it. I'm watching a show about zombies for the 5th season. It's telly, what the hell do I care?

Haha yep :D Sometimes you just gotta go along with it.

Lol, right, I totally get that. But plot holes are plot holes.

They can smear toxic zombie blood all over their bodies to blend in, but never get sick. Stupid.

Uh, I'm pretty sure when they first did that someone said, "don't get it in your eyes" or something like that. They wore gloves - totally sanitary. Problem solved! :)

I'm watching a show about zombies for the 5th season. It's telly, what the hell do I care?

Hey, I care. :p Sure it's fiction, but they created their own rules and for the most part they stick to them. I like to think it makes in some way...

Speaking of which....I know food is food in the zombie apocalypse, but I wouldn't have just dived in there like they did. If there had been a crawler roaming around under the water they'd have been screwed.

Yeah, TWD isn't really consistent with that at all. These people are splattering brains everywhere... zombie crap would get in their mouths/eyes, small hand cuts, anything really. Honestly if they were being true about it, any small amount being introduced into a cut or some other type of thing like their nose/eyes whatever would kill them pretty dang fast lol. Even the parts where they kill zombies with stupid little things like pencils and crap, that'd be really dangerous. Like say you swing at the zombie wrong and your arm hits their tooth or something. You get cut and are deaddddddd. It's just one of those things you just have to overlook lol

Sigh. Ok, maybe it doesn't make sense :(.

Did anyone else notice what looked like tons of shits floating around in that toxic basement water? That didn't look like construction debris to me. Zombie poop. I bet it's infectious.

Sigh. Ok, maybe it doesn't make sense :(.

Did anyone else notice what looked like tons of shits floating around in that toxic basement water? That didn't look like construction debris to me. Zombie poop. I bet it's infectious.

Hehe prob :D It's like they said on the Talking Dead after the show--if the zombies are eating all that flesh, it's gotta come out somewhere lol

Back