uploading to soundcloud

jimistone

long standing member
Man, I've been trying to upload a dang song for 2 hours.
Is there a better site to Store music?

Soundcloud can be a pretty shite operation. That happens to me once in a while. I just let it chug away at stuff and let it do it's thing.

It used to be really bad when i used firefox, but after switching to chrome it has been much less frequent.

Soundcloud is good for this site because you can embed the player and people don't have to jump through hoops to listen.

Besides that, it's just another shitass streaming site for nobodies.

Besides that, it's just another shitass streaming site for nobodies.

Nobodies and electronic dance music nobodies. Seriously, next time you are indisposed in the washroom and need something to coerce the contents of your bowels into your bowl go have a sniff through some of the misfits covers on there. It'll make you throw your phone.

I like what soundcloud is trying to do i guess, and It is a pretty good tool for just like you said. I have met one or two cool people through there and did some collaboration. Fun Stuff.

Tip using Soundcloud. Convert to MP3 unless you want a high quality download. I use 320 and it loads and converts pretty fast. If you use a wave, it takes a long time to upload, then take a long while to convert. I can upload a song to Soundcloud in about 2-5 minutes. 5 being the rare occasion. But do convert first.

Tip using Soundcloud. Convert to MP3 unless you want a high quality download. I use 320 and it loads and converts pretty fast. If you use a wave, it takes a long time to upload, then take a long while to convert. I can upload a song to Soundcloud in about 2-5 minutes. 5 being the rare occasion. But do convert first.

I dunno about that. I've heard people say that when they upload MP3s, SC's converter then screws up the sound (it's like a double compression happening) - of course they may have not had 320 MP3s.
My recent uploads to SC took no time at all - it could just be your internet carrier lines bogged down wiht people streaming movies.

If you're looking for a place to SHARE your songs, try bandcamp - full WAV or AIC files.

I dunno about that. I've heard people say that when they upload MP3s, SC's converter then screws up the sound (it's like a double compression happening) - of course they may have not had 320 MP3s.
My recent uploads to SC took no time at all - it could just be your internet carrier lines bogged down wiht people streaming movies.

If you're looking for a place to SHARE your songs, try bandcamp - full WAV or AIC files.

Bit Rate for Mp3 Soundcloud

Just found this. Might be useful.

Last edited:
"we transcode all tracks to 128 kbps mp3 for streaming playback. Uploading a lossless or high-quality lossy file will usually reduce these to a minimum"

Does that mean that a multiple of 128 will play back better on SC? Does 'lossless' mean wav files?

"we transcode all tracks to 128 kbps mp3 for streaming playback. Uploading a lossless or high-quality lossy file will usually reduce these to a minimum"

Does that mean that a multiple of 128 will play back better on SC? Does 'lossless' mean wav files?

Not sure of the first question, but on the second, wav and FLAC ( Free Lossless Audio Codec), which is a good file type, but not well supported.

My understanding is, they convert everything to 128 kbps. But, if you have download enabled, people can download the original file type.

Back