Post your latest purchase!

I actually got this a couple months ago. Very nice guitar. Plays and sounds great. Now I just need to learn how to play it:thumbs up:

charvell.jpgCharvell2.jpgcharvell3.jpgcharvell4.jpgcharvell5.jpg

Obviously got from Sweetwater, my sales rep emailed me these pics.

Man, that's a beautiful finish! I'm not big on EMGs or hockey sticks or pointys, but you put that top on a Tele with a natural maple back and I'm there!

that is one awesome guitar, alot of extras in the details. the way the cut the neck and back of the neck is a great idea, well thought out.

Man, that's a beautiful finish! I'm not big on EMGs or hockey sticks or pointys, but you put that top on a Tele with a natural maple back and I'm there!

I'm not big on wammy's or the pointy head stocks either, but it's a total throw back 80's vibe and adds another pallet to the arsenal. And for $350 a pretty good deal.

All these guitars are making me want to buy a new one!

How's that DBZ, dragonworks?
I remember being fasinated with that brand when it launched after Dean left Dean Guitars... and then he left DBZ and started another company. Now, I'm sure in a year or so he'll probably leave that and start another company too lol

I just ordered a 1TB Crucial M550 SSD for $380.

I was going to try and wait for a month or so so I could've just used my debit account instead of Paypal Credit, but my Macbook is crawling when opening sessions now. 6 months no interest isn't so bad anyway I guess.

Crazy that you can get a TB of SSD storage affordably now. I remember the first TB drives a few years ago were around $2,000.

I just ordered a 1TB Crucial M550 SSD for $380.

I was going to try and wait for a month or so so I could've just used my debit account instead of Paypal Credit, but my Macbook is crawling when opening sessions now. 6 months no interest isn't so bad anyway I guess.

Crazy that you can get a TB of SSD storage affordably now. I remember the first TB drives a few years ago were around $2,000.

$2000 a few years ago for a 1TB drive? WTF?

???

Oh shizz. Mac...

Never mind. Sorry about the rape...

:)

I am just kind of kidding.

All these guitars are making me want to buy a new one!

How's that DBZ, dragonworks?
I remember being fasinated with that brand when it launched after Dean left Dean Guitars... and then he left DBZ and started another company. Now, I'm sure in a year or so he'll probably leave that and start another company too lol

plays great, haven't plugged it in yet so I don't know how it sounds. Maybe I will plug it in this week sometime?

???

Oh shizz. Mac...

lol yeah the solid state drives were apparently serious bizzness back then!
I remember the stats were something like - standard 5400rpm HDDs were like 10 cents a GB and SSDs were $2 a GB.

I can't believe what I paid to update the stock soldered flash storage in my retina macbook to 750GB from 256GB in 2012 :(
I don't think it was quite $2 a GB at that point, but it was still pretty shitty. Apple-taxed no doubt lol

lol yeah the solid state drives were apparently serious bizzness back then!
I remember the stats were something like - standard 5400rpm HDDs were like 10 cents a GB and SSDs were $2 a GB.

I can't believe what I paid to update the stock soldered flash storage in my retina macbook to 750GB from 256GB in 2012 :(
I don't think it was quite $2 a GB at that point, but it was still pretty shitty. Apple-taxed no doubt lol

I must say that I do not envy you and your MAC thingy. lol!

I appreciate it, though I am just not a friend of that myself. :)

I must say that I do not envy you and your MAC thingy. lol!

I appreciate it, though I am just not a friend of that myself. :)

The storage is BS on the newer macs. My older macbook has two user upgradable drive bays. My newer one has the flash storage, and the RAM soldered to the board. So I'm stuck with it :(
(external drives just aren't very practical with portable workstations)

I want a PC again.
I think I might start a build thread here.

Last edited:

???

Oh shizz. Mac...

Haha I'm not a fan of Macs/Apple either but that's actually how all SSDs were priced back then when they first came out! I remember $2-$3 per gig back like 4/5 years ago. It was dumbbbbbbbbb. Still think SSDs are a bit pricey myself. Want to pick up somthing in the 256-512 gb range but still waiting for the price to drop some more. :)

---------- Update ----------

The storage is BS on the newer macs. My older macbook can has two user upgradable drive bays. My newer one has the flash storage, and the RAM soldered to the board. So I'm stuck with it :(
(external drives just aren't very practical with portable workstations)

I want a PC again.
I think I might start a build thread here.

Dude that'd be pretty cool. I built my first pc 2 years ago so I'd be interested to follow along as you do a build!

IMG_4763.jpegIMG_3553.jpegIMG_1748.JPG
Got the LP Studio in about a month ago, the Tele about a week after that. The OCD and Mistress just came in today.

I gotta say, that OCD kicks some major ass! Throw it in line in front of a clean signal and it dirties it up just right; in front of an already overdriven channel it just sings! :guitar::D

I think the OCD is great in front of a clean amp. I thought kind of sucks ass in front of an already overdriven amp though.

Digging up the dead with this thread.....

The wife bought me this for my birthday today. Had to give back the "lender" from a friend a few months back and I've been missing bashing about so I got my own.

Being delivered on Thursday. :thumbs up:

Image00001.jpg

Back