Pabst blue ribbon is now owned by Russia!!!!

Har, har, har! The joke's on them.

My only concern is that the Russian people might start thinking that this is what Americans drink.

I remember playing in a bar where that's all they served,because who would want anything else?

Only played there once, thank God, and lived to tell the tale. There was a chopper parked on the steps leading into the place. Purple metalflake with a naked woman painted on the tank, with the name of the bike on the rear fender. The Sleazy Bitch.

There was a chopper parked on the steps leading into the place.

There was a helicopter parked on the front steps? :eek: Was "Ride of the Valkyries" blasting from its radio? I hope the owners weren't drinking PBR and flying!

Seriously, though, I had a friend (now deceased, RIP) who used to drink only PBR-- unless he ran out and someone else had any other kind of beer in the fridge. He thought it was the nectar of the gods. :drunk: But to me it was "Piss Bottled Raw." (No offense intended to any lovers of PBR.)

PBR enjoyed a resurgence when it was inexplicably adopted by the hipster generation. Ironic beer, or something. I have to wonder if the eponymous blue ribbon was won in a category other than "best beer"?

Suggested advertisement tactic for PBR:

"Tell all your friends to buy PBR by the case! They'll 'love' it so much, they'll encourage you to help yourself whenever you visit! Which means-- woohoo, more free beer for you!"

PBR enjoyed a resurgence when it was inexplicably adopted by the hipster generation. Ironic beer, or something. I have to wonder if the eponymous blue ribbon was won in a category other than "best beer"?

'Best use of recycled body fluids'

As an American I lived in Europe for 14 years, stationed there with the U.S. Air Force. Here we were with easy and cheap access to all those great Dutch, German, Belgian and British beers and many of my fellow Americans would go the the Class IV store (that liquor store for you civilians) and stock up and BPR, Bud and Schlitz. I never understood that.

As an American I lived in Europe for 14 years, stationed there with the U.S. Air Force. Here we were with easy and cheap access to all those great Dutch, German, Belgian and British beers and many of my fellow Americans would go the the Class IV store (that liquor store for you civilians) and stock up and BPR, Bud and Schlitz. I never understood that.

I had seen the same thing myself.
What's even funnier is that while traveling the world I would always ask for a good imported beer just to see what would be offered. ..... Budweiser would always be at the top of the list :laughings: I would always say no thank you and order local.

I had seen the same thing myself.
What's even funnier is that while traveling the world I would always ask for a good imported beer just to see what would be offered. ..... Budweiser would always be at the top of the list :laughings: I would always say no thank you and order local.

Local irish pub I frequent, with about 20 brews on tap. Guys sitting at the bar drinking bottles of domestic 'Light'. :facepalm:

Back