OK, so what was Greg's "crime" this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Greg had been particularly restrained of late. He's been patient & positive with totally clueless folk and has called RN & WM for their deliberate obfuscation and blather. I hope he's gone fishing.

I'm fairly new and thank heavens you all pointed out that MW (and Norman?) is full of shat. People like that are much more dangerous than Greg because they know just enough to lead you astray.

It is tough to deal with the occasional but always apparent members who spew poor advice. At least there are members that will immediately argue bad advice.

For the most part, this is enough to control these types of situations. What sucks is when it becomes a constant bombardment of complete crap. We can't sensor an individuals opinion nor ban them for their opinions as long as they don't violate the TOS, no matter how poor the advice is.

The existing Rep Power system likely does enough to tell members who not to listen to.

Greg tends to only go off on the lazy or those who give horrible advice. I get that. What sucks is that he is also one of the guys that tells shit straight. However opinionated he may be, he is completely honest and solid in what he does. He has a brash way of stating things sometimes and ends up being the one who gets banned because of it.

I would like nothing more than to ban MW or RN. I just have no basis for doing it.

Now if an admin would realize that the discussions they bring up are detrimental to the site as a whole, then they would make that happen. But you know what happens when you ban someone for stating their opinion (whether right or wrong)? Alias user name and the whole thing starts again.

Usually a member in the red keeps it clear that they are not giving trustworthy advice. Not even sure why they keep posting. I am embarrassed for them to be honest.

I'm a bit torn. Personally I won't miss Greg. He is unnecessarily obscene and takes his opinions as objective fact. He'll argue for argument's sake without regard to helping an OP.

However...

His advice is generally excellent and his recordings back it up. I don't see any good reason he should be banned, especially if he could focus his vitriol where it would do the most good for the community (at MusicWater etc.).

I'm a bit torn. Personally I won't miss Greg. He is unnecessarily obscene and takes his opinions as objective fact. He'll argue for argument's sake without regard to helping an OP.

However...

His advice is generally excellent and his recordings back it up. I don't see any good reason he should be banned, especially if he could focus his vitriol where it would do the most good for the community (at MusicWater etc.).

He'll be back, especially if Chater banned him. She never really permabans anymore. Prob a 2-week.

Although looking through Greg's recent posts I don't see anything bad at all. Chater must have deleted whatever it was.

Miro's back in the house.

I was away the last day and a half, so I kinda missed the whole ban episode.....have NO idea what happend.

*shrug*

I get the feeling someone cried to Chater about something Greg said to them.......?

However...

Yeah, he can get a bit caustic....though when it's really deserved, I don't see a problem with that.

It's only when he sometimes goes on a complete off-topic mocking tirade, that it can get a bit Jr. High-ish...and I think it actually undermines whatever on-topic argument he's trying to make.

I don't see any good reason he should be banned, especially if he could focus his vitriol where it would do the most good for the community (at MusicWater etc.).

Who, near as I can tell after he blathered on in a thread I started, is a complete twat.

I thought Greg had been particularly restrained of late. He's been patient & positive with totally clueless folk and has called RN & WM for their deliberate obfuscation and blather. I hope he's gone fishing.

I agree. I used to hate him. And I do mean hate. I thought he was a mean-spirited, know-it-all, my way or the highway, bully of an asshole. Then something happened. It seemed like he learned how to be a human being, and totally changed. He still gave his opinions and stuck to them, but in a different way. I actually started to like the guy. I hope he hasn't reverted to his former self, an I hope he's not banned, or if he is, that he comes back. If not, I wish him well, and actually, I'm seriously starting to lose interest in this place myself.

I'm out of here for at least a little while, if not more. (Unless I get a notification that Henry sent me a PM. We were talking the last few days about me buying a mic off him. I want to buy it, but he hasn't returned my PM's in 3 days. Did he get banned too?)

Sorry RAMI I've been super busy lately and am still looking for the microphone I'll have your fix within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back