less paul

As a younger degenerate we used to cruise the neighborhood taking note of open garages that contained refrigerators. Those refrigerators had beer 80% of the time. That beer got stolen pretty often.

Misery Loves Company Dep't:

I got ripped off for $208 on my VISA card this month - some snake-eyed individual used my number for a purchase. My bank challenged the seller, who decided not to fold, and now I'm left either having to pay the $208 or getting involved in legal shit. Some choice.

Sorry to hear it, man. Hope you've got serial numbers. You've learned at least one valuable lesson. Clouds are good for something.

Wish I could come out there and hunt the bastards down for you.

Misery Loves Company Dep't:

I got ripped off for $208 on my VISA card this month - some snake-eyed individual used my number for a purchase. My bank challenged the seller, who decided not to fold, and now I'm left either having to pay the $208 or getting involved in legal shit. Some choice.

Strange banks you have over there. If you didn't make the purchase, you get your money back. Takes a few weeks but it's the bank's problem. Over here anyway. No "legal shit" to get involved with apart from a statutory declaration.

About twenty years ago, some punk broke into my house and stole numerous things--including my white Strat--the same white Strat of my user name. Since there was no murder involved, the cops were slow to respond. I became a vigilante cop and found my guitar in a pawn shop. I then had a friend impersonate an undercover cop to get a look at their books to see who brought it in. This same friend then went to her house and kept up the undercover cop game. She quickly rolled on her boyfriend.

I got my guitar back, then turned them both in. In most cases it would have ended there. But I called the local prosecutor and insisted he pursue the case. He agreed to do so. I testified before a grand jury (they thought it was cool that I became a "vigilante cop"), then testified before a judge and jury at the following trial.

Bottom line: a case that never would have even reached a court ended in a trial and a year long sentence for the punk. The judge told me that if I hadn't been involved, the perp would have never even been charged.

I don't know where he is, but 20 years later I still have that white Strat.

Strange banks you have over there. If you didn't make the purchase, you get your money back. Takes a few weeks but it's the bank's problem. Over here anyway. No "legal shit" to get involved with apart from a statutory declaration.

I'm not sure what happened with Dobro, but I've had 3 fraudulent charges in the past year and never lost a cent. New cards were issued in a day. 2 out of the 3 times, Amex caught it before I did. I do love American Express.

Oh, but isn't Dobro in Canada?? Well, there ya go... :rolleyes: :D

Hey JCH, did you take pics of your guitar to the pawn shops?

An monitored house alarm only works when you set it, and a good thief can grab and go before it even calls the cops for you, but it's better than nothing. Maybe look into that. A beeping alarm about to go off probably would deter the majority of would-be-burglars out there. And a big ass dog.
I have both .......

I have both .......

Me too. Well, not the big dog, I have two wiener dogs though. Wiener dogs might not seem like much of a guard dog, and they really aren't, but they'll bark a lot and when they lunge to bite something they only get high enough to chomp down on nutsack.

Yea, when I was younger, just moved to Texas, had some stuff I had bought when I was in the Army. Strat, nice stereo, Led Zeppelin T-shirt when I saw them a few weeks before the drummer died (Nuremberg), underwear (who steals underwear?). I had no money, so it really hurt, no insurance either as I was very poor and dumb.

People coming into my place was probably harder to deal with as much as what they took.

I haven't had any time to do much yet, but this weekend I'll do what I can. I have to keep my focus on work right now. I could really use some sleep.

I had a bunch of gear stolen in 1994. Some of it valuable, some of it junk, it all meant something to me. All I was left with was a P-Bass and a parlor acoustic because they just happened to be in the trunk of my car when the burglary happened.

I was a busy band guy back then. I kept all my stuff stashed in a storage closet under my stairs. Guitars, amps, basses, and a complete drum kit. It was an inconspicuous spot with a door that closed and locked. But I always had punks and skins and rockabilly cats at the house. My house was a party house. There were always piece of shit motherfuckers coming and going. Chicks, dudes, drag queens, everyone. Nothing else was stolen, and none of that stuff was ever found. One of the stolen pieces was a late 60s/early 70s Epiphone EA-260/5120 bass that I loved and had modified to withstand my awesome punk rock style. I saw that bass hanging in the rafters at a guitar store many years later. Broke my heart. That was my bass. Still had my performance mods on it. I got it through trades though, and never documented anything, so I have no legal recourse. Someone somewhere has my bass.

yeah ...... it happens unfortunately.
I had someone back a truck up and empty my house around 1980 or so ..... saxes, guitars ... stereo systems .... a LOT of stuff.

The biggest loss, to me, was a cassette case with 48 cassttes of me jamming with big name players .... SRV, ..... Gatemouth ... Son Seals ... etc. ..... pisses me off to this day.

Good luck JCH ..... I hope you get some of it back ...... that truly sucks ..... I hope whoever took it falls over dead immediately!
:mad:

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hope you can recover some of it: Cannot stand a thief, a bullet is too good for them.:(

yeah ...... it happens unfortunately.
I had someone back a truck up and empty my house around 1980 or so ..... saxes, guitars ... stereo systems .... a LOT of stuff.

The biggest loss, to me, was a cassette case with 48 cassttes of me jamming with big name players .... SRV, ..... Gatemouth ... Son Seals ... etc. ..... pisses me off to this da

Good luck JCH ..... I hope you get some of it back ...... that truly sucks ..... I hope whoever took it falls over dead immediately!
:mad:
Bob, my cousin was Gatemouth's drummer. His name is Dave Peters. Do you know him? Small world!
The following is not spam: https://www.musicproinsurance.com. Unfortunately I found out about this company after I had around 30 guitars, amps, etc, stolen from me in Nashville back in the mid 90's. I wish I could cut the hands off the bastards that did it! :cursing:

Bob, my cousin was Gatemouth's drummer. His name is Dave Peters. Do you know him? Small world!
The following is not spam: https://www.musicproinsurance.com. Unfortunately I found out about this company after I had around 30 guitars, amps, etc, stolen from me in Nashville back in the mid 90's. I wish I could cut the hands off the bastards that did it! :cursing:

Do they pay off with no problem? Do they have someone come in and appraise your equipment?

:
yep ..... know him quite well .... my name's not Bob so he wouldn't recognize that but Steve Hutter the sax guy he'd recognize. He played with LaRoux also and quite a few other very good bands since he's an excellent drumber.

Back