languages

I'm really glad I don't speak dobro.

Code-switching is when you change languages inside the same conversation. I think code-switching can be in music, too. When you shift from guitar to drums in the same song, or from bass to vocals, you're code-switching. You speak dobro without even knowing it.

Code-switching is when you change languages inside the same conversation. I think code-switching can be in music, too. When you shift from guitar to drums in the same song, or from bass to vocals, you're code-switching. You speak dobro without even knowing it.

Nice try, but no.

Can anyone join in, or do you have to be invited?

My languages are some very rusty Swahili (ex East African colonial) a little Gerglish (or Denglish if you prefer) and some Franglais.
But otherwise these days it's mainly TCP/IP, HTML, FTP and UDP, with a bit of POP3 thrown in too, I suppose.
And it goes without saying that binary, octal and hexadecimal feature pretty strongly too.
As does IEEE 802.3 and its descendants, no to mention I.430 and Q.931. Look 'em up!
But what features most is MIDI.
Strictly speaking we're talking protocols not language though.

(yea! I know, smart ar$e!)

Other than that, what features everyday is Gregorian chant, early polyphony, Baroque, Gallant and Classical with some Romantic too.
More recently boogie woogie, doo wap, rock'n'roll, blues and rhythm 'n' blues, but I kinda lost interest post '70s.

Random jottings from a certified sane (bet you can't prove you are), self-confessed nerd.
(the padded cell is never far away)
known as SysExJohn.

Back