I'm ready for some football.

I can't believe this thread is nearly a year old!

Not being US/Northern hemisphere I was thinking "What, are these guys STILL talking football?"... then I read the date of the thread... :laughings:

Bad Armistice...:spank::D

I can't believe this thread is nearly a year old!

Not being US/Northern hemisphere I was thinking "What, are these guys STILL talking football?"... then I read the date of the thread... :laughings:

Bad Armistice...:spank::D

US amerikans love our football. We'll talk about it all year.

It does quiet down a bit during early spring. Longest weekend ever. :D

The NFL does a brilliant job at spacing out it's events so that football never leaves our collective conscience for long.

March - college kids are getting ready to go pro with scouting combines and pro days
April - it's all about the draft
May - it's all about who everyone drafted
June/July - mini-camps/training camps start
August - the preseason starts
Sept-Jan - football season
Jan/Feb - playoffs
Feb - Superbowl!

Start all over

I think it's time knowledgeable analysts stop calling Johnny Manziel "Johnny Football". It's dumb now. It was cute when he was the big man on campus in college, but he's now a little tiny fish in a big ol pond of legends and true pros. John Elway, Johnny Unitas....those were real Johnny Footballs. At this point he can't even beat our Brian Hoyer for the starting job in Cleveland, and Hoyer is no future hall of famer. Maybe Manziel will deserve his nickname one day, that day is not now.

I think it's time knowledgeable analysts stop calling Johnny Manziel "Johnny Football". It's dumb now. It was cute when he was the big man on campus in college, but he's now a little tiny fish in a big ol pond of legends and true pros. John Elway, Johnny Unitas....those were real Johnny Footballs. At this point he can't even beat our Brian Hoyer for the starting job in Cleveland, and Hoyer is no future hall of famer. Maybe Manziel will deserve his nickname one day, that day is not now.

Agreed. I think people just do it now because his last name is whack.

Bama takes the field next weekend. Roll Tide!

saban-1.jpg

6ded5a0e4ab8b5e1fed8d9c3c337c836.jpg

keep-calm-geaux-tigers_500x500.jpg

Being an LSU Tiger fan, I hate all things Bama.

I do reluctantly pull for Bama though in the bowl games and non conference games. I pull for any SEC team once the bowls start. Bama winning is good for the rest of us in the SEC.

sorry to hear that, you have had a really bad year then. we spanked that ass!:D

Yeah historically Bama usually beats us. They're very good. We get one every now and then though, and have better players top to bottom. Yall got THE coach though. Saban is the best.

Yeah historically Bama usually beats us. They're very good. We get one every now and then though, and have better players top to bottom. Yall got THE coach though. Saban is the best.
and over here we have bama fans coming out the woodwork and not that many LSU fans ....... it's like living in hell.

and over here we have bama fans coming out the woodwork and not that many LSU fans ....... it's like living in hell.

There are a ton of LSU people here in SE Texas. I think the Houston area has the largest "fan base" outside of Louisiana. Lots of alumni working in oil and gas and they're all piled into Houston.

There are a ton of LSU people here in SE Texas. I think the Houston area has the largest "fan base" outside of Louisiana. Lots of alumni working in oil and gas and they're all piled into Houston.
What kind of team is Katy supposed to have this year? If you get a chance watch Ghosts of Ole Miss on Netflix or ESPN. It's about the 1962 Ole Miss team that went undefeated, but was overlooked because of all the racial shit that was going on at that time. Pretty interesting.

What kind of team is Katy supposed to have this year? If you get a chance watch Ghosts of Ole Miss on Netflix or ESPN. It's about the 1962 Ole Miss team that went undefeated, but was overlooked because of all the racial shit that was going on at that time. Pretty interesting.

keep-calm-and-go-to-hell-ole-miss-6.png

No clue about Katy's team. I don't pay attention until it gets started.

Saints offense looking in mid-season form. Okay Drew, we get it. You're a badass. Please take a seat and relax. No injuries for you.

Back