I'm ready for some football.

I was using my ipad last night. Probably checked the Close box without knowing it.

Ya know, my company gave me the ipad for work and the only thing I use it for is the occasional web surf and watching videos when I'm on the plane. :D

I was using my ipad last night. Probably checked the Close box without knowing it.

Ya know, my company gave me the ipad for work and the only thing I use it for is the occasional web surf and watching videos when I'm on the plane. :D

I remember it being really easy to do when I was a mod. Like you didn't have to actually click on the little box. Anywhere near the bottom of the quick reply box (right above where it says Post Quick Reply) would activate the lock thread button for some reason. Prob still like that...easy to do if you misclick.

Anyone been watching preseason games? I've only watched the Skins and the Cardinals games (Cards just for my boy Logan Thomas, who did great btw). A bit of the Browns game too for the Manziel hype lol. I'm liking the way my Skins look so far!

Anyone been watching preseason games? I've only watched the Skins and the Cardinals games (Cards just for my boy Logan Thomas, who did great btw). A bit of the Browns game too for the Manziel hype lol. I'm liking the way my Skins look so far!

I've been watching. Nothing has jumped out to me except for the Cowboys defense might get even worse!

Indeed the Redskins are poised to make a deep preseason run this year.

I watched several games on NFL Network this weekend. It's hard to get all that excited about benchwarmers for teams that I don't follow, but it was just good to see the sport on TV again.

The highlight of the weekend was Thursday's Bengals @ Chiefs, when Cinci's backup QB barfed twice and then threw a touchdown pass.

My Saints are running the ball like they're in the Big Ten circa 1955. I love it. We need to get back to a strong running game which will let Brees last longer and be even more dangerous. Everyone knows the Saints offense can pass on anyone, but now if we can up your ass too? Look out bitches. Points will be scored.

Seriously though, the Redskins have improved in a few areas: They're much deeper at WR and RB, the O-line is upgraded (although not as much as is needed), and they got rid of possibly the worst special teams coach in the history of the NFL.

That all might be good enough for 2 or 3 more wins this year to put them at 6-10.

But they still suck for the following reasons:

1) Somehow after having one of the most pathetic defenses in the NFL for the past 4 years, fucking Jim Haslett astonishingly retained his job. Unfuckingbelievable. mind = blown.

2) After drafting two first round undersized defensive ends (Orakpo and Kerrigan) to play OLB despite their complete and utter inability to cover anyone, - guys who also are pretty bad in run defense - they fucking drafted a third, and he's even fucking slower than the first two. Too slow for pass coverage, too small for good run defense. They're tweeners. Good players within their specific roles and terrible elsewise. And the worst part is they are spending $11M on Orakpo. They're paying a sack specialst top 3 LB money, except he doesn't even get very many sacks. He plays like the old washed up version of Bruce Smith.

3) They drafted a tackle (Morgan Moses) with their early second rounder - which in theory is great - but everyone who goes to camp says he has absolutely no chance of cracking the starting lineup for an O-line that was pathetic to begin with. He can't beat Tyler fucking Polumbus. Fuck!

Every year a few teams get way better all of the sudden, and others tank bad. What teams will have the biggest good/bad turnarounds from last year?

I'm picking two from my own Saints' division.

Carolina - No way they win the division or even come close to being as "good" as they were last season. Big drop for them.
Tampa - Good new coach that players respect, lots of young talent. I can see them making some noise this season.

I'm always a sucker for the underdogs, so I usually get a kick out of bottom-feeder teams making a big turnaround (coughChiefscough). I genuinely feel bad for Tampa fans. That team has been in the shitter since about 2002, and everything they've tried to improve has backfired. It'd be pretty cool if they finally put all the pieces together and fielded a decent team.

Then there are those teams that seem destined for the opposite of greatness. Jacksonville, Cleveland...Detroit has tried to fight their destiny, and they have some incredible talent, but the gravitational pull of the black hole of their home city is proving too strong to resist.

Oakland, however, is a different story. They're a division rival, so I really enjoy watching them flounder. I think they need to re-sign Jamarcus Russel!

Seriously though, the Redskins have improved in a few areas: They're much deeper at WR and RB, the O-line is upgraded (although not as much as is needed), and they got rid of possibly the worst special teams coach in the history of the NFL.

That all might be good enough for 2 or 3 more wins this year to put them at 6-10.

But they still suck for the following reasons:

1) Somehow after having one of the most pathetic defenses in the NFL for the past 4 years, fucking Jim Haslett astonishingly retained his job. Unfuckingbelievable. mind = blown.

2) After drafting two first round undersized defensive ends (Orakpo and Kerrigan) to play OLB despite their complete and utter inability to cover anyone, - guys who also are pretty bad in run defense - they fucking drafted a third, and he's even fucking slower than the first two. Too slow for pass coverage, too small for good run defense. They're tweeners. Good players within their specific roles and terrible elsewise. And the worst part is they are spending $11M on Orakpo. They're paying a sack specialst top 3 LB money, except he doesn't even get very many sacks. He plays like the old washed up version of Bruce Smith.

3) They drafted a tackle (Morgan Moses) with their early second rounder - which in theory is great - but everyone who goes to camp says he has absolutely no chance of cracking the starting lineup for an O-line that was pathetic to begin with. He can't beat Tyler fucking Polumbus. Fuck!

I think the Skins would've been better off with Cousins at QB and the picks they gave up for RGIII. The book still hasn't been written on him, but they paid a king's ransom for him, it would be hard for anyone to live up to that price. It was a desperation trade by a coach on the hot seat.

Back