If I want to record vocals

Nope. You can just ask your mommy how you sound. She will tell everyone how great you are. Grandma will believe....

lol!

will I need a microphone?

This is home recording dot com. Not only will you need one or more microphones, you'll need to construct an exact replica of whatever studio that beatles boy band recorded in. Then you'll need the fanciest preamps that have ever been made and you'll need to do a lot of side chaining and bussing and grouping and parallel everything compression and copy pan shift haas effect 3:1 rule motown EQ.

Unless you want to do rap then all beats are off - you just use your iPhone
Unless you want to do carnivore music then all beets are off - you just use your iPhone
Unless you want to use junk designer headphones then all Beats are off - you just use your iPhone

Whawhawhawhat di di di did you u u u u u say ay ay ay ay?

Echo-oh-oh-oh-oh is-is-is-is all-all-all-all you-u-u-u-u need-eed-eed-eed-eed, but-ut-ut-ut be-be-be-be prepared-ared-ared-ared-ared for-or-or-or some-ome-ome-ome latency-cy-cy-cy-cy-cy.

If you sing really, really loud, you may not need a microphone, particularly if you are recording to vinyl. You might also look into teleaudiokinesis -- you wouldn't even have to sing, just imagine your song and it will be recorded automatically.

Dragonworks, you do realize these people are talking a line of shit? Yes. If you want to record vocals, you will need a microphone. Unless you do that cockeyed trick that uses a set of heaphones. But they're still like a mic. I'd get over it, if I were you.

Use a telephone - the older tied to the wall type - they have a built in microphone that makes things sound like a telephone - wow, someone should make a plug in to do that!

Back