I used to really dislike......

grimtraveller

If only for a moment.....
So, who are those artists that you just didn't "get", could never see what the fuss was all about, that you thought were overrated and overblown..........but whom you now "get", understand and/or like ?
What do you think helped bring about the switch ?

None.
Usually my first judgement remains true. Sometimes I'll like a song or two by an artist but as they get more (or 'super') popular, I'll like them less and less. Examples: Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel.

I'll start.

Hawk Williams. As a kid/teenager, I heard his stuff all the time, I was so anti-country couldn't stand it. Then, not sure why, about 15 years ago, started listening to his music, read his words and then learning he died at 29, just thought, wow. Started really appreciating his contribution and his talent much more and he is now my top 5 singer/song writers.

I believe it. You must be getting something for puking up all these general question threads. Keep going! Ask us what we like to eat while tracking!

Ask us what we like to eat while tracking!
I don't even care what you don't eat when you're not tracking "!"
puking up all these general question threads
Aren't we in "Prime time" ? It's meant to include general questions down here !
I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't so I might as well do !! :D

I believe it. You must be getting something for puking up all these general question threads. Keep going! Ask us what we like to eat while tracking!

Yeh, Grims all time fav sitcom thread was a flop and as for the flip flop vs sandals thread... That one made me laugh. The "Are you ready for some football" one was lost on a lot of us but what can you do... Hang on I'll just check page two of Prime time for some more..:p

I don't even care what you don't eat when you're not tracking "!"Aren't we in "Prime time" ? It's meant to include general questions down here !
I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't so I might as well do !! :D

We could do a "Ask teh gerg permission" thread. That would work...:thumbs up:

Yeh, you're right I constantly seek validation on a backwater bbs. How dumb of me.

Hows you flip flip vs sandals thread going?

No idea. It was a stupid thread that ran it's course. It's cute and honorable for you to come running to the defense of grimtroller though. I'm sure he's touched. Maybe he'll start another stupid general opinion thread about it. :laughings:

Never eat crackers when tracking the vocals, trust me. Nails and/or razor blades might add what they call character, I would think. I invite and encourage to give it a try, report back on how it all worked out, start a thread. Thanks.

My first impression on disliking an "artsist" or musical offering is usually spot on, i'm rarely proven wrong through later listening and changing my mind. However, sometimes I like something and later look back and wonder what the hell I was thinking. An example might be Def Leppard, Hysteria.....over produced teenybopper pap.

No idea. It was a stupid thread that ran it's course. It's cute and honorable for you to come running to the defense of grimtroller though. I'm sure he's touched. Maybe he'll start another stupid general opinion thread about it. :laughings:

Yeh what ever you said. We all get it. We always have...:thumbs up:

Here, have one so you can use it later...:laughings:

Back