I guess it had to happen eventually. RIP AC/DC...if this is true...

I met the boys in 2004 or so. We were made to sit in chairs while the meet and greet went on. Not regular chairs, but grade school sized ones. We later figured out why.

Angus was as gracious as a musician of his caliber could ever be. My band just returned from Utah on a little tour thingy and I recommended an adventurist type of girl we had recently met there. He said something like 'cheers for the offer, but my wife might not like that so much', as he pointed to a likely 6' tall blonde hanging out against the wall.

Brian was obviously stoned and tying to offer us all bananas, as he was munching down his. Malcolm was the quietest of them all. He just said pleasant hello's.

This was after an amazing show that I will never forget. Perfectly performed straight forward rock in my face.

First show I saw was 'For Those About To Rock' tour when I was like 13 or so. They never lost what they started with, though I would have loved to see them with Bon.

Blah blah. I can find nothing bad about AC/DC myself.

Angus's wireless unit is one of his great secret tone variables.
First wireless trick I ever saw (maybe the only) was EVH reaching behind his back with his right hand and flicking the antenna - kinda grab and release and make it spring back. Trem wobble sort of thing. Live 1979. Different. My Sennheiser had a floppy antenna so I never got to try it.

I know that drummers all over the world, regardless of musical preference or technical ability, hold Phil Rudd in very very high regard. That guy wrote the book on steady drumming. He's like a fucking atomic clock. A human drum machine. Not only is his meter perfect every time, his hits are all the fucking same. Exactly the same. Every snare hit is the same damn thing. No accents, no ghost notes, no fiddle-dee-do buzzes, rolls, or rudiments. Just thwack! Over and over. It's awesome. I love it.

I saw them before they were (world) famous - with Bon Scott. They were plenty famous over here. I expect rayc probably did as well... ;)

Malcolm has a pretty cool guitar - I read an article about it and found it pretty interesting. Sad if they quit but health is everything.

The only time i've seen them was back in the 70s, with Cheap Trick. There was a 3rd band, can't remember who, Nantucket maybe. AC/DC kicked ass. They did the whole bit of Angus stripping down to his underdrawls, getting on Bon Scott's shoulders and coming down on the floor to walk through the crowd. Not only was Angus in prime form, rocking his ass off, Bon Scott was belting them out and taking no prisoners, while the rest of the boys held the line banging away.

If You Want Blood was on constant rotation during that time, massive home speakers in the back of the party wagon. Crazy times, it's a wonder we made it out alive.

They kind of lost me after Bon was gone. I was never a huge fan after that, but the new guy Brian earned his due respect over the years.

That's an album that wasn't mentioned back in the recent thread on live albums, If You Want Blood(you've got it). Somehow I doubt that album was doctored after the fact. If it was I don't wanna know.

Hopefully Malcolm will be able to live out the rest of his days in reasonably good health, even if he can't play.

bon_scott.jpg

Back