I guess it had to happen eventually. RIP AC/DC...if this is true...

Rumors I'm reading is that Malcolm has had a stroke and he can't play. Angus might be the face of AC/DC, but Malcolm is the mastermind.

As much as I love and admire AC/DC, I'd rather them pack it in instead of having someone replace Malcolm.

About freakin' time. I remember hearing a new song of theirs and thinking "these guys are waaaaay past their prime". That was about 25 years ago..
Hope Malcolm's ok though.

About freakin' time. I remember hearing a new song of theirs and thinking "these guys are waaaaay past their prime". That was about 25 years ago..

That's what I love about them. You know what you're gonna get with AC/DC. No surprises, no let downs. They're always good to me. Just pure unfiltered no frills rock and roll. I hate bands that try too hard to be different or try to constantly reinvent their sound. That shit is lame. :facepalm:

That's what I love about them. You know what you're gonna get with AC/DC. No surprises, no let downs. They're always good to me. Just pure unfiltered no frills rock and roll. I hate bands that try too hard to be different or try to constantly reinvent their sound. That shit is lame. :facepalm:

One of the things I like about them was that their solos weren't the least bit memorable but always complemented the song. It was all about the song, not some wanker noodling away for three minutes.

Rumors I'm reading is that Malcolm has had a stroke and he can't play. Angus might be the face of AC/DC, but Malcolm is the mastermind.

As much as I love and admire AC/DC, I'd rather them pack it in instead of having someone replace Malcolm.

I was never into AC/DC as a "youngster." So by the time I found them, I suppose they were already past their prime. But damn, they've come to represent the essence of rock 'n roll to me. Back in Black is an eargasm every time I listen to it.

I just watched a full concert video that someone posted here (somewhere in Central or South America, I think?) and I was blown away by that show. I've never seem 'em live, but after watching that, I certainly would.

However, I'm with Greg--I'd rather not see them at all than see them without Malcolm. Best of luck to Malcolm and the band.

I saw them most recently in 2009. That was one of the best performed, best sounding big concerts I've ever been to. Just plain awesome.

Saw them back in 1979ish... (Back in Black) Such energy and I always liked the fact that they rocked and ROLLED .... So many rock bands neglect the RHYTHM. Can always count on AC/DC to have a good beat.

One of the things I like about them was that their solos weren't the least bit memorable but always complemented the song. It was all about the song, not some wanker noodling away for three minutes.
Live, certainly back in '82, Angus Young knocked out 3 minute solos and longer. I've always objected to the lack of credit that Angus Young {and Francis Rossi with Status Quo} was given as a lead guitarist and Angus could keep a solo interesting for as long as necessary. One of the great things about heavy rock was that during the solos, you got the joy of the solo and the riff thundering away. I can't speak for after that period, but around then, his guitar playing was one of the reasons people wanted to see and hear the band live.
One of the things I like about them was that their solos weren't the least bit memorable but always complemented the song.
For me, the quintet of albums spanning "Dirty Deeds" to "Back in black" are as good a consecutive quintet of brilliant albums as anyone could put out. Actually, I can't think of more than 5 artists whose output I have that have put together 5 consecutive great albums.
I think across those albums, the guitar solos are truly memorable. I can hum lots of them. In fact, the intros to one of my songs came from an 11 note section from one of the 3 solos in "Let there be rock" that I was humming one night.

I too saw them in the 70s - and Angus had one of the first radio guitar packs. They were so new that he emerged from a door at the back of the auditorium and walked and played through the crowd, which parted to let him through, then they realised who it was that walked past! Wouldn't work nowadays, but I remember it after nearly 40 years.

Angus's wireless unit is one of his great secret tone variables. Angus tone chasers go to great lengths and great expense to find one or build their own. You'd think they're just a transparent wireless unit. Not Angus's. Legend has it that it's got some filtering and a boost built in.

Something compelled me to youtube Problem Child last night.As much as I admire what they've done since 1980, Bon Scott era AC/DC just fucking rules! The 1st 2 Brian Johnson albums are damn near equal (BIB may be superior, in some ways). After that, to me it's mostly just delightfully rehashed stuff, for the most part. That's kind of the result of being so relentlessly true to themselves.I regret never having seen them live.

Something compelled me to youtube Problem Child last night.As much as I admire what they've done since 1980, Bon Scott era AC/DC just fucking rules! The 1st 2 Brian Johnson albums are damn near equal (BIB may be superior, in some ways). After that, to me it's mostly just delightfully rehashed stuff, for the most part. That's kind of the result of being so relentlessly true to themselves.I regret never having seen them live.

Problem Child is probably my favorite song of theirs. Love it.

Back