Hitler Youth

I have to agree with Muttley600,
Even though I have Miroslav set for "ignore" I could ghost write his comments in a heart beat.

If you backtrack USA history, you'll see that "indifference" is NOT what got you your freedom that you now so happily enjoy. That's really the point. :)
Well, you can romanticize the american way all you want. The real point is that my grandparents didn't literally fight for their lives in WWII so I'd have to, by actual rule or unwritten rule, be a good little flag waver. The very first amendment of our beloved constitution specifically states that I'm free to think and feel however I want about matters such as this. Being indifferent is me exercising my rights. My grandparents fought to preserve the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness....against a very real threat. If thousands of north koreans stormed Galveston beaches, I'd pick up a rifle and take down as many as I could. Standing in line to cast a meaningless vote for a career politician is not my idea of taking action. Go ask some vietnam vets how they feel about being forced to be good little americans.

Mmmmmm....maybe now as the thread splinters off into side discussions....but initially, his main point was that the two kids at his door were obviously brainwashed by their parents...and therefore "Hitler Youth".
You're focusing on the wrong things as usual. But tell me miro, since you were obviously standing outside with me talking with these kids, were they there all on their own? So they woke up on a sunday of their own free will and decided that instead of hanging out enjoying their free time on the last day of their weekend, they'd rather pursue the thankless task of going door-to-door, unsolicited, asking political questions? Those notes they were taking as I stood there answering their obviously loaded scripted questions, that was for their diaries, right? Were they scrapbooking? Lol please. The very nature of their questions, the content of their questions, the way they read their questions, the way they had absolutely no retorts to my shooting down their misguided assumptions, and the way they furiously took notes pretty much confirms to me that this was some kind of assignment or exercise they were being directed to do. Maybe it was a school assignment. Maybe it was something from their church. Maybe their parents are trying to get them interested in politics and took it too far. It could be lots of bad judgement that got these kids to my door. What it wasn't was them just doing it for fun because they're so interested in political opinions.

Granted, only he knows how the encounter actually went....but I just don't see that teens talking politics is that odd these days.
I bet you could walk into any sophomore/junior high-school history and/or economics class, and politics along with other world issues are discussed quite a bit and in depth....which was my point.
IOW....kids aren't just getting their info and life direction from their parents. I mean...this ain't the '50s. ;)
Miro, do you have kids? I'm betting you don't because you have it 100% ass backwards with every comment you've made about kids and how schools operate. But putting aside your egregious ignorance on that matter, ask yourself this - would you want your kids being politically led around by people you don't really know? People send their kids to school to be educated, not manipulated. You're right that teens talking party politics is not odd. But they talk about it probably less than you or I did, and they're more clueless than ever because party politics is more dysfunctional and convoluted than ever and kids typically just "support" whatever political agendas their parents have up to a certain age/social status. And if there is any change, they might talk about it even less because it is actually so fucked up right now. But you know what teens DO NOT do? Go door to door talking politics because they want to. Teens are far more concerned with social issues close to home. Gay rights, bullying, racial problems. Real things they can see and experience first hand. They don't give a rat's ass about corporate government buyouts, healthcare, oil interests, or tensions with Russia and North Korea.

Also....over-protecting the kids is just another form of indoctrination. It shelters them from realities that they will find out anyway, and maybe the hard way....instead of at least being involved in discussions and activities that let them form real opinions rather than just remaining indifferent and/or hidden from that.
No one is suggesting that kids should be over-protected. Thinking it's a bad idea to turn kids loose in a neighborhood on a sunday to knock on every door asking political questions is not "sheltering". Again, you clearly don't understand or have very skewed view of parenting and/or how the current world operates. Again, I have to assume you simply don't have kids or you live in some fantasy utopian community. You are seriously out of touch with reality. Speaking of being stuck in the 50s....this is a very different world from when you were a kid, and from when I was a kid. People don't welcome unsolicited knocks on the door anymore. Granny doesn't let apple pies cool on the window sill and give fresh baked cookies to all the neighborhood kids anymore. Milk isn't delivered in glass bottles at 5 am anymore. It's a different era. Times have changed. You don't just unleash children on their own into a neighborhood anymore. You especially don't turn them loose loaded with a potentially polarizing agenda. How can you not get that? Right, you probably don't have kids, am I right? Even halloween is drastically different now. You might call that over protective because you have no skin in the game. But things and people are generally worse than they used to be. I wouldn't turn my kids loose in a neighborhood to knock on doors without some kind of chaperone or protection. If that's me being over-protective, then fine. I have girls and I don't want them grabbed and dragged into a van down by the river. But really, I wouldn't do it because it's a discourteous thing to do. Id rather teach them that it's not okay to go bugging people with stupid shit.

I mean....we are talking about kids in their mid-teens....not kids in grammar school.
At 16...they will be able to vote in two years. I think it's good to spend some time ahead of that, learning about politics and being involved in what goes on in the country and the world.
Agreed. Going to door to door is not how you do it though.

It's too easy to simply not get involved, and figure that someone else will....but then, they can't ever complain about stuff that's going on in government. :)
Lol. That tired old lame ass "you can't complain durrrrr" comment. There you go again, selectively dictating who can or can't use their rights. Newsflash: anyone can complain about anything they want! Damn dude, you graduated from Hitler youth right into Hitler adulthood. :laughings:

That was a joke again, relax.

For real though, be honest and transparent for once miro, you're only upset by this because I dared to jokingly compare these nice young red-blooded republican robots to Hitler Youth. That upsets you because you're a card-carrying republican yourself and you see this as them doing good work. It's okay to admit that. You're an adult and I already know and don't judge you for your political affiliations. Had these kids been biracial obama supporters passing out food stamps and green cards like candy, I bet you'd be totally with me on this. What you've actually done here is clearly demonstrated a complete lack of understanding and awareness as to how kids think and operate, and you've demonstrated the same lack of competence in regards to parenting in the world we currently live in, so this has to be all about you being upset as a republican. Just admit it, it's okay, and admitting your bias is much better than the laughably misguided stance you're taking here.

I've been around a few years, and we have lived in our current place for about 30 years. During that time, only two groups of people have come to our door.

They are Jehova's Witnesses, and (in recent years) kids at Halloween doing trick or treat.

In the case of the former, sometimes teenagers accompany adults as they wander from house to house. In the case of the latter, they are usually pre-teen kids accompanied by watchful parents.

In the case of JWs, I expect the kids are there as a bit of insurance for the adults, i.e. the presence of young teenagers prevents householders from becoming too abusive to the adults. The kids never look as if they want to be there.

In the case of trick or treat, the kids do want to be there, and in this case, the parents are there as insurance for the kids, i.e. to prevent householders becoming too abusive to the kids.

I have never experienced unattended teenagers coming to the door. I have never experienced teenagers coming round to promote a political perspective. I don't doubt that some teenagers are politically aware, but I can't see that awareness translating into the action of door-to-door campaigning, and were that to happen, it would seem to be more likely that they were there under direction.

Too many words gerg... too many words.

Miroslave just needs another one of these.:facepalm:

I know dude, totally, but you gotta be clear and concise and fully explain things with miroslav or he twists and mangles things into his own agenda. Let's look at it like this:

HR is Europe
Miroslav is Nazi Germany
Greg is storming the beach at Normandy

:D

For real though, be honest and transparent for once miro, you're only upset by this because I dared to jokingly compare these nice young red-blooded republican robots to Hitler Youth.

Naaa....it's just because you tend to make extreme assumptions, and then label people based on those assumptions.
I think I already said it didn't matter which political side it's about, and I've never once mentioned either party in this thread. I was just saying that there's nothing odd about teenagers being interested in politics.
If you want to keep making more assumptions.....also about what I'm posting....well, I can't stop you there.

Maybe political activism is just odd to you, since you're indifferent and pay no attention to politcs....maybe back in your high-school days, class time was a different experiece....but that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone, and possibly not to those kids.
I recall back in my high-school days discussing all kinds of world/political matters...and there was nothing strange about it, nor was it about any "brainwashing/indoctrination".
Talk about conspiracy theories!!! :laughings:

AFA as "should" a couple of teens be walking door to door....well, if you can accept girl scouts going around, and Halloween kids going around....then I guess a couple of 16-year olds talking politics isn't much of a big deal, is it? :)

Miroslav keeps swinging for the fences and he's still batting .000.

It's funny how you accuse me of making all these assumptions, while your entire "argument" is based on an even wilder, far more illogical assumption. Not to mention the completely braindead dumbfuckedness of comparing girl scouts selling cookies and a children's holiday to teens knocking on doors to talk politics on a random sunday. Seriously, it's like you live in a different fucking dimension. :facepalm:

Answer the questions:
Do you have kids?
Were you there with me talking to these kids that this thread is about?
Are you a republican?

The only people who have ever come knocking on my door with the intention being to enlighten me politically have been pinko commie types, both kids and adults. At least the kids have an excuse for being under the assumption that they have shit all figured out, kids can be like that. Pinko commies in general believe themselves enlightened, and for those who aren't on board, they just need educating....or crushed under the jackboots of the for the good of society/the world/the climate/...the children! collective.

Fucking commies. Get off my cloud, beeeatch. :D

Naaa....it's just because you tend to make extreme assumptions, and then label people based on those assumptions.
I think I already said it didn't matter which political side it's about, and I've never once mentioned either party in this thread. I was just saying that there's nothing odd about teenagers being interested in politics.
If you want to keep making more assumptions.....also about what I'm posting....well, I can't stop you there.

Maybe political activism is just odd to you, since you're indifferent and pay no attention to politcs....maybe back in your high-school days, class time was a different experiece....but that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone, and possibly not to those kids.
I recall back in my high-school days discussing all kinds of world/political matters...and there was nothing strange about it, nor was it about any "brainwashing/indoctrination".
Talk about conspiracy theories!!! :laughings:

AFA as "should" a couple of teens be walking door to door....well, if you can accept girl scouts going around, and Halloween kids going around....then I guess a couple of 16-year olds talking politics isn't much of a big deal, is it? :)

You are going to have to hurry. Several people have stepped in and had the last word. The dumb is big in this thread but I think you can do it... You are winning so far. Last word time, go for it...:eatpopcorn:

There are no winners, we're all fucked, politically speaking.

Politicians, fuggin crooks and self serving liars :mad:

*spit*

/thread

There are no winners, we're all fucked, politically speaking.

Politicians, fuggin crooks and self serving liars :mad:

*spit*

/thread

ssssshhhhh, miroslave must have the last word and if you keep posting he will just keep posting dumb stuff until we all expire....

....Leave it he aint worth it...

Dude, miroslav has a right to his own opinion, even if he may be wrong. Politics is a fucked up cluster fark of a mess, it's anyone's guess. Some just come a little closer making heads or tails of it than others. Like------>me. :D

Hold your fire munch, take it easy, it's my anniversary, i've been through enough. :drunk:

This isn't really a left vs right political thread. Please don't get it moved to the shithole that is the cave.

Back