Hey, HR oldtimers! It's Mad's birthday!

MadAudio was a cool dude with some seemingly serious personal issues. I hope he's doing okay. I liked him.

Was he the guy who built mics?

Not that I'm aware of. I can't remember the name of the guy that I think you're thinking of. Builds Naint mics and lives in the Outer Banks. I think he's still on here.

---------- Update ----------

Whoops. What Greg said.

Yeah, I liked Mad. He seemed to have some issues, but he was cool. Hope he's doing OK.

Sorry, Greg, I just realized I just said exactly the same thing you did.

I guess it's time to get in that clinical trial.

I can't remember, was he an Ozzie or a Kiwi? Wasn't he the one with all the really nice guitars?

Sorry, Greg, I just realized I just said exactly the same thing you did.

I guess it's time to get in that clinical trial.

I can't remember, was he an Ozzie or a Kiwi? Wasn't he the one with all the really nice guitars?

Gorty was/is Australian. He did have a few nice guitars that I can remember. A few LP Customs.

And it looks like Mad hasn't been on in almost 3 years, so I guess there's no point in sending him a message.

Gorty was/is Australian. He did have a few nice guitars that I can remember. A few LP Customs.

OK, that's what I thought. Funny, just like I know some neighbors' dogs' names, but not theirs, I can sometimes remember dudes by their guitars more than by what they said.

There have been a lot of guys that used to be every day regulars that just aren't around anymore. Now we're left some real shit.

Yeah, when I first joined, there was a guy who only hung in the mic forum who was kind of a jerk, but he certainly did know his shit, and I learned a lot from him. All I can remember is that he was from the Chicago area. And another one, major asshole, but knew his mics and pres, and disseminated some good info.

Probably got tired of answering the same questions over and over, with people who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground always arguing with them.

Man, reading this thread I can just feel the love! You all haven't changed a bit! In a way, it's sort of comforting.

Back