Google Chrome users?

notCardio

I walk the line
Is it significantly faster at loading stuff than IE? Does it hose anything up if you switch back and forth between them? Is Chrome any more likely to be open to viruses, etc.?

I d/l-ed it when I was having Firefox issues a couple of years ago, but never use it. Go with Firefox, at least they are not monitoring/tracking everything you do like Google does.

I use both Chrome and IE on my work laptop, and I've never had any issues going back and forth between them. Chrome is noticeably faster to me, although I haven't given the latest version of IE a very thorough workout. Chrome + AdBlock has been a winning combo for me.

I abandoned IE about 10 years ago for Mozilla as per some Techy advice and it's then vulnerabilities here at HR.com, never looked back. I started using Chrome about 2 years ago and it works damn well. I use several of the google tools / apps and it makes the work flow go smooth. Google drive, docs, gmail etc..... still using Firefox on the wife's as she's not especially geeky and doesn't want to mess with the change. She was just complaining about how slow facebook was loading...ran C Cleaner on her puter and she was back on track..

In todays world all of em work well and it's more of a personal thing...some (Like me) think Microsoft sucks so I try to use their stuff as little as possible. Others think google is Big Brother ( they are ) some fight it, some submit and go with it.

I was surprised to see that Google has 60% of the browser market share as of August 2014 ...IE only 8% Firefox 24%

Tae

What is C Cleaner? Is that the name of it, or is that short for Chrome Cleaner or something like that?

One of my concerns was the whole Google tracking thing. I use gmail, but not for anything important because of their scanning/tracking practices.

I'm always amazed at all of the people who will rail against the government being able to scan your email, yet are perfectly fine with letting big business do it.

I'm always amazed at all of the people who will rail against the government being able to scan your email, yet are perfectly fine with letting big business do it.

The difference is that when government does something, you don't have a choice. If a business does it, you can usually find a business that doesn't.

I find Chrome ok to use.

I'm amazed by people that claim to care about online privacy while spending all day every day posting their lives on facebook.

I'm amazed by people that claim to care about online privacy while spending all day every day posting their lives on facebook.

yeah its all a fear game we cant control it seems. i watched some 60minutes show, they tracked everyones Credit Reports to being outsourced to India and other low paying software places....so everyone is thinking they are being private, when Equifax and others have already given every credit account, social security, every detail or your finances history to outsourced companys in low wage places....and the point is the workers make $5 month, so they could sell the info for $10 and feel rich.

but the fear game is charging people to watchdog their accounts and credit cards, true they work....but the leak was in the financial institutions to begin with, starting with the credit reporting agencys (setup by the financial institutions).

so yeah I use Google, or Firefox and IE and I dont feel safer with any of them.
speed wise its random, if one is slow that day, I go to the other ones.

heres my credit card #'s
38929884-349839487=349945
38477--30435488
and the big one is 2837498-435784839 :facepalm:

If you want privacy, write a letter if you are in the US. In other countries, even that probably doesn't work. You want privacy, you have to opt for a cave (not The Cave).

I haven't used Chrome. I am sure it is capable, IE is used a lot for Enterprise Applications as all browsers don't operate the same.

Most companies standardize on IE for support. When I go to a company, that is the first question I ask, what is the company browser. That is the only browser we will test and support (browsers are almost as bad as an OS).

Firefox, I use it cause it has been an old war dog and was the first (Netscape). I paid $40 for the first Netscape back in 93/94 (sometime around then).

I know I am being tracked. Even your searches are being tracked. All in the name of security and better user experience. And Jimmy probably does know what browser you are using. I know those capabilities has been around for 6-7 year. First thing that is done when a page is loaded is browser detection to know how to route the code (If this then, call, etc.).

As long as you are on the net and really understand how to server hop, use IP alias and all of that cyber trolling (even that it is only good until the government decides it wants you butt, and then they will find you).

So just relax, big brother is watching, just don't give them anything to see. :cool:

What is C Cleaner? Is that the name of it, or is that short for Chrome Cleaner or something like that?

One of my concerns was the whole Google tracking thing.

here's a link to CCleaner I use it to keep my PC's cleaned up...cache , registry etc. I use an older free version that does a really nice job I am sure the current free version still does just fine but you can donate $25 for the Zippier zoomier version if you are so inclined.

In regards to privacy and e-mail....once it's out in cyber land unless you are doing high encryption security, nerds that want to see what you are doing can see. I have been using gmail for everything for about 10 years. I use ad block and could care less what they scan. I HATE outlook and the search function and storage capacity of gmail just buries the competition... It is a very powerful e-mail service....tied in with all the other Google tools...I am empowered for my business in ways I never would have imagined would be free for me to use. I'm a major google aid drinker.

I am empowered for my business in ways I never would have imagined would be free for me to use. I'm a major google aid drinker.

And Google using your information is how they pay for all of that "free" stuff. Something for nothing just doesn't exist.

And Google using your information is how they pay for all of that "free" stuff. Something for nothing just doesn't exist.

Use at will almighty Google...if my web browsing and e-mails help support the beast so be it...I don't see a dime coming out of my bank account or pocket and with ad block I'm not being bothered by ads...am I missing something here?
Is there something bad about them using mine and the other 300 million people that collectively do on average about 2 billion google searches each day?

OK, I tried the free version of CCleaner, and FB loaded incredibly fast. After about 2 minutes, though, it bogged right back down.

What's a good free connection speed checker, and a performance checker? If my pc is bogging things down, will a connection speed checker's results be reliable and meaningful?

Are you talking internet speed check? Speedtest.net.

You are best using one that is not related to your provider. I heard some crap about Comcast giving false (better) results than reality for their customers. That could just be internet BS tho..

An internet speed check will only check your connection speeds. Your PC may have other issues that slows things down. Adblock is a necessity IMO. Other things can slow stuff down as well.

I had a tracking virus recently that messed with me (can't remember what it was called), even though I had virus protection. It came up as one of the usual 'pup' files but was causing a slow down. Even after malwarebytes caught it, there was still some left that if found days later. Now it is totally gone.

I want something that will check my connection speed, to rule that out as the problem. What I'm asking is, if my pc is running slow, will that affect the results of a connection speed check?

DSLreports....join and use their various speed test...they have a ton of tools... You'll dig it and also shows speed results in your area. You can learn a ton about DSL there.

ON C Cleaner Remember to use the registry cleaner that comes with C Cleaner makes a world of difference on everything. I have it remove all lost, corrupt or unused reg files and before it does it ask if if you want to save the files and a location where..I made a CCleaner reg files removed file and have it save it there...have never needed to use it but I save it just in case.

Back