For the first time in my life... (aging content)

fat_fleet

Swollen Member
...Weird Al Yankovich has released an album and I've never heard the original versions of any of the spoofs. :(

Discuss.

Yeah I don't know those songs either. One of them was vaguely familiar and very annoying. Dude looks like he's had some plastic surgery.

I guess your next big milestone will be your first colonoscopy.

I know, and I will post pictures.

That happened to me too a while back.

Yeah I don't know those songs either. One of them was vaguely familiar and very annoying. Dude looks like he's had some plastic surgery.

It's weird but now that I check wiki, I guess the last couple haven't had that much for me to connect with either...but each one had something I recognized or had heard of. This one, absolutely nothing. And the one single he has out about grammar rules- some of them are so old and picky they're not even recognized by the MLA anymore. It's like chill the eff out, Weird Al.

Who's Al Yankovich....:)

I know I spelled it wrong. I was on my dumb-phone.

So, even though you're all younger than me, none of you has ever heard 'Blurred Lines' or 'Happy'?

Given that this is the internet and you don't really get inflection onscreen to pick up cues from, I can't decide if you're just trying to act like you're too cool to know anything about pop culture, or if you've really been living under a proverbial rock for the last year.

I know Robin Thicke did that naughty dance thing with Miley Cyrus, but not sure if I even know a Miley Cyrus tune.

Trust me, I'm no bastion of modern pop music, but there are some songs you couldn't get away from if you moved up to Dog's cabin and pulled the plug on everything electronic.

Honestly though, I don't listen to radio and don't have broadcast TV or cable. Others possibly have different excuses. :o

You're on the cusp. In the not too distant future, you'll find that you become sort of invisible to younger people, especially the women. Like you're not there, or not important. I've heard it's all part of the leadup to death. That solves everything.

Back