Detached retina.

Prayers going up for a successful surgery this morning. Everyone keep your thoughts and prayers heading RAMIs way @ 9:30!
RAMI, yesterday you said "Anything for Jesus, I love Mexicans." I know He'll do anything for you, as well. He loves Canadians, too (even if the are in the Quebec mafia).
"All things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose." Go get 'em!

OK, I'm back. Everything went swimmingly. Fucking doctor told me it would hurt a lot more than it did. It was totally painless other than the needle in my eye for the first 30 seconds.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and whatever else you might have done. :D

Thanx guys.

OK, I'm back. Everything went swimmingly. Fucking doctor told me it would hurt a lot more than it did. It was totally painless other than the needle in my eye for the first 30 seconds.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, prayers and whatever else you might have done. :D

Thanx guys.

Good news RAMI. I hope the rest of the recovery goes as well for you.
They got the right one in the end, huh? ;)

good news ....... glad to hear it went well.

Thanx a lot guys.

To answer the question about work, I'm at work right now. Technically, I should be sitting at home looking at the floor for a week. But, seriously, who the hell's going to do that? It's my last day of work here anyway, so I didn't want to miss it. I figure if I sleep face down, I'm facing down at least 9 hours of the day, so that's pretty good.

Glad you're hanging in there Ramrod. Keep it up. :)

Did I ever tell you about the blind drummer I used to play with?

There is no punch-line, he really was totally legally blind.

Man, during the last couple of weeks, I gained a new appreciation for sight. I'm pretty much blind in my left eye for now, and for another 4 weeks about. I remember realizing that if I ever lost this eye, I only have one left. That made me realize that one fluke hit to the other eye and I'm totally blind. Wouldn't be able to do 90% of the things I can do now, including working with REAPER to record a basic track, etc....Makes you think, man.

The thing that bothers me the most about this is that, after having shitty eyesight for most of my adult life, I finally had perfect eye-sight when I got my cataracts done last year. Now this happens. Really makes you appreciate having good eye sight.

Tssshhhh-ba-dum.

See what I did there? Probably not cool. :p

I've a pal who was born blind in one eye.
His parents were always telling him to be so careful on the basis that he's one mistake away from being pretty much fucked.
Really makes you think!

Before you go in, be sure to circle your eye and write "This Eye" on your face so they don't get it wrong. Seriously, that's what they did for my knee surgery a few years back.

Ha, I did that before my ankle surgery a few years back. I wrote "WRONG ANKLE, OTHER SIDE!" on the wrong one too.

Man, during the last couple of weeks, I gained a new appreciation for sight. I'm pretty much blind in my left eye for now, and for another 4 weeks about. I remember realizing that if I ever lost this eye, I only have one left. That made me realize that one fluke hit to the other eye and I'm totally blind. Wouldn't be able to do 90% of the things I can do now, including working with REAPER to record a basic track, etc....Makes you think, man.

The thing that bothers me the most about this is that, after having shitty eyesight for most of my adult life, I finally had perfect eye-sight when I got my cataracts done last year. Now this happens. Really makes you appreciate having good eye sight.

I get it dude. I've always felt that vision is the top dog of our 5 senses. Take away the sense of smell, taste, even hearing, and it would suck but life could still be tolerable. Lose your vision and things are bad.

Back