Detached retina.

Blind China Rami doesn't work for me, either. He's a rocker. 'I don't play no blues, y'all.'

Good luck with the eye surgery, RAMI.

Praying for you, it's what I do.
If worst comes to worst, we can all start using larger font size, just for you, man. :D
Don't sweat the blues stuff yet, but maybe Rami Tupyernose. :laughings:

Been following along and just wanted to pipe in with some good vibes and prayers goin your way.
I'd be a bit freaked out if I were in your shoes but I also cried when Ol' Yeller died.
:o

:p

Been keeping an eye on this thread myself.(<----s'all i got *shrug*)

Man, sorry to hear this.

My grandson walks up the other day and says, "Papa, look what I can do"......then commences to touch his eyeball with his finger and holds it there. Boy!

If that little squirt can do the touch my eyeball with my finger thing, a big strapping physical trainer dude like yourself,.....pins, no problem.

Just remember, poidh.

My grandson walks up the other day and says, "Papa, look what I can do"......then commences to touch his eyeball with his finger and holds it there. Boy!
Holy Christ! I'm a wimp!

That reminds me of the kid that says to his Dad "Hey Dad, it's my birthday!"

Dad says "Really? How old are you?"

Kid says "8".

The he goes to his Grandmother in the living room and says "Hey Grandma, it's my birthday! Guess how old I am."

So she says "Come over here". She then un-zips his pants, sticks her hand in his underwear, plays with his little wiener for a few minutes, and then says "You're 8".

He says "How do you know?'

"I heard you tell your father".

:eek:

It can just randomly happen to anyone. Many people see "floaters", which is normal. But a detached retina is a serious thing. They say that if you ever start seeing flashes of light or the "awning" coming down over your eye(s) like I did, go to an ophthalmologist right away.

Hope you're doing OK with it. I'm sure it was a serious freak-out moment when you lost the vision completely! :eek:
I'm curious...did you ask how they attach the tears with a laser? I can see them cutting away with it, but it's just all too sci-fi...:D....though I'm sure they know what they are doing.
Eye surgery of most types are actually one of the most successful operations these days....so they can fix a lot of shit as good as new almost!

I had something similar a couple of years ago (still do) with my left eye, the view was a bit fuzzy out of it.
They checked it out and said the gel that sits over the retinal wall, had torn off right around where the optic never is attached. That's where the "floaters" come from, by in my case, the gel flap is hanging/flapping over the optic nerve.
He said it could eventually just come off and the eye fluid would still support the retina....and it would be OK.

Of course...he also said if I see that "curtain" coming down or flashes, like what you had....then I need to come in right away, as that would mean retina was tearing/collapsing.
I've thought about asking if they can surgically remove that gel flap.....but then, I feel like I should just leave it alone as it hasn't gotten any worse.

Dude, holy crap. I hope everything turns out okay. Hang in there.
Thanx man!
Hope you're doing OK with it. I'm sure it was a serious freak-out moment when you lost the vision completely! :eek:
I'm curious...did you ask how they attach the tears with a laser? I can see them cutting away with it, but it's just all too sci-fi...:D....though I'm sure they know what they are doing.
Eye surgery of most types are actually one of the most successful operations these days....so they can fix a lot of shit as good as new almost!

I had something similar a couple of years ago (still do) with my left eye, the view was a bit fuzzy out of it.
They checked it out and said the gel that sits over the retinal wall, had torn off right around where the optic never is attached. That's where the "floaters" come from, by in my case, the gel flap is hanging/flapping over the optic nerve.
He said it could eventually just come off and the eye fluid would still support the retina....and it would be OK.

Of course...he also said if I see that "curtain" coming down or flashes, like what you had....then I need to come in right away, as that would mean retina was tearing/collapsing.
I've thought about asking if they can surgically remove that gel flap.....but then, I feel like I should just leave it alone as it hasn't gotten any worse.
I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.

My operation is on Wednesday. Which sucks because the gym I work at is closing down this Friday and I wanted to be there for the last week. I'm going in tomorrow and Tuesday, and I'll be there for the last day on Friday, but I don't know in what condition. Supposedly, I won't be able to see for about 3 weeks out of my left eye.

Funny things is, my vision is getting better in my eye every day. I looked it up and everything I read said that a retina doesn't repair itself, but for some reason it seems to be. I'll have the operation either way, but it would be funny if, by the time I go Wednesday, my vision is all the way back.

Before you go in, be sure to circle your eye and write "This Eye" on your face so they don't get it wrong. Seriously, that's what they did for my knee surgery a few years back.

Before you go in, be sure to circle your eye and write "This Eye" on your face so they don't get it wrong. Seriously, that's what they did for my knee surgery a few years back.

Yeah, RAMI, just do it. Really.

Thanx man!
I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.

My operation is on Wednesday.

Yeah...I'll be going for my basic eye checkup soon, and I'll talk about it with them, but I may just let it ride for now if it poses no serious issues to my eye.

Good luck to you, and I'm sure it will work out well, so don't worry...they got the eye pretty much all figured out, and they can fix almost anything wrong with it these days :thumbs up:

Go for a black patch until the surgery heals...have fun with it for a few weeks! :D

True%20Grit_orr_post.jpg

yep ..... when wifey had to have some surgery on an ankle I did that.
The nurse got a litte pissy and said, "We really don't like people to write with a sharpie on something we're gonna operate on."

I told her, ( Actual words I used ) "I don't give the least little crap what you like ...... next surgery I'll do it again!"

There are far too many errors made like that and you can make 100% sure it doesn't happen to you.

However ...... I'm pretty sure they don't put you under for this surgery so you should be well aware of which eye they're going for.

OK, well...tomorrow's the big day at 9:30am.

I just want to get it over with. I'll be out of commission as far as any physical activity for about 3 weeks. I don't think playing drums is even an option.

See you guys on the other side. :eek:

Back